CFV-100c // What I would love to see/use/own...

Previous topic - Next topic

ruedigerglatz

I can feel with H6D (or better a new investor and ceo), that there is a different dynamic happening at HASSELBLAD at the moment.

In the past I was a H-user and recently had the chance to test again the H5D-50c, which is a great camera, but understood already a while ago, that the classic V-system combined with ALPA is the way I want to work in digital medium format.

HASSELBLAD giving up the V-system was very much a pity to me and it would been the same as if LEICA would have giving up the M-system from my perspective.
...and as there still is the CFV-50c, I still have hope HASSELBLAD might change their strategy and run with 2 systems in the future...a state of the art H-system and a classic V-system with some delight of nowadays technology, as an option to classic film.

Based on this I decided to scribble my dream-back for the V-system, with the hope that it might have an influence on future developments.

HASSELBLAD CFV-100c
Sensor type: CMOS, 100 megapixel
Sensor size: 53.4 x 40.0mm ... 53.4 x 53.4mm would of course be even more amazing
File format: RAW 3FR L (100MP), RAW 3FR M (50MP), RAW 3FR S (25MP) + JPG L/M/S
ISO speed range: ISO 32, 64, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400 & 12800
Storage options: 2 SD cards
Further features:
- wifi with the option to shoot wireless in a computer
- app to view images and to capture
- touchscreen
- landscape and portrait mounting possibility
- as compact as possible (I think the CFV-50c has a great size)
- live-view
- in-back-battery
- the option to create white-balance-shots in the back and to implement in other images
- multiple exposures

...and to this back a classic design and mirrorless v-body with an amazing evf (instead of the screen)
...maybe even with a 8mm shift option in the body

Greg

Your list seems very possible, except for the multiple exposures and in-back battery.  I didn't find the external battery a problem, especially since third party batteries are very accessible and not expensive.  It is my understanding that it also makes it very usable for tech cameras.

Greg

ruedigerglatz

I do work with a CFV-50 and IQ180, which has the large sensor and in-back-battery...but this is mostly a cosmetical detail in my eyes.
...and the multiple exposures I already do with CFV-50...it is just a very unhandy way of working.
Looking at Nikon, but as well Canon, I think this should be possible as well in such a back.

NickT

I don't think we'll ever see a rotating V system back because it would ruin the look of the system, I just can't see how it would work design wise. In the past we have had rotating backs but they never matched the V look...
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Hassilistic

A square image sensor of 40x40mm is doable and more affordable I believe.  With no circle of confusion issues!
However that would make the size more closer to 80MP.  Which will work perfectly either way.

NickT

I guess it comes down to wether Sony want to make a square sensor or not..
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

bodtlaender

I´d never buy one without the ability to rotate. And 40x40mm ist way to small. 50x50mm would be interesting. But there is not enough market-share for such a sensor size.

To re-animate my V-system I bought a Leaf Aptus 75. That´s a lot of fun.

For serious work I prefer the H-system  ;D

Best,

Bernd

PhotoXD

any news/ rumors to this topic ?
i wait buying the actual cfv because i hope that a new version will be released at photokina.