Hasselblad X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Nick, are we getting live exposure preview as on the Olympus where you see over/under in the viewfinder and can compensate accordingly? I also couldn't find mention of other lenses. Is it only 30,45 and 90?
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

NickT

Hi Jeff
Yes you get a live view on the screen so you can adjust then shoot.

45 and 90 for now, I think the 30 was going to remain a secret until Photokina but the CEO mentioned it in the launch!

More lenses will be coming!
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Sorry Nick, poor explanation. on the Olympus any over or under areas are highlighted in the EVF, and one of the dials is compensation. It's a brilliant feature. That's what I was asking about.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

NickT

Oh That does sound cool, I change my answer then to "No idea" :)

NickT

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Thanks Nick. It's a fantastic feature! It beats the hell out of any histogram, and it's such an obvious feature on a mirrorless camera.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

NickT

Hassilistic

NIck... Any chance a CF adapter for V lenses in the works... since it will be manual anyway... one might benefit from the small lighter size lenses available on V system.

NickT

I guess you *could* use the HC adaptor and then the CF adaptor... But a CF adaptor would be cool, I'll add it to my list!

NickT

davidthescot

This looks to be a potentially great camera and I was hoping that it would be a more portable and useful backup to my H6.  Sadly the adapter for the HC lenses is manual focus only which, given my poor eyesight and the fact that this would have been used handheld rules it out for me.  If I could afford to buy a completely new set of lenses that might change my opinion or if I was abandoning the H6, which I am most definitely not, then it might be a different proposition.  It may be that they bring out a very good and reasonably sized mid zoom and this might also make it more practical.

Having said all of that they are probably not looking to their existing H series customers like me for too many sales.

Still a great move for Hasselblad and should be a big success IMO.

KeithL

Hasselblad should be immensely proud of the X1D, it truly is a game changer.

If I was in the market for a medium format camera then this tiny beauty would be on order already.

I wish Hasselblad great success.

P.S. I never say never...

Dustbak

I must say, very tempting. I was thinking about upgrading the H5D40 towards H6D50c or 100c but can now see myself getting one of these instead and keeping the H5 for now.

Is there any info on the real quality of the lenses?

bodtlaender

So Leica S1 and S2 offer AF with HC lenses, but Hasselblad X1D does not offer AF with HC lenses?

Come one, Ove, I know you can do it with ease ...  ;)

Is this a marketing driven decision?

100 f/2.2 with an on sensor contrast detection AF would be fantastic.

Will it be possible with newer generations of HC lenses with an extended memory? Can I upgrade my favorite lenses not only with a faster shutter (1/2000) but also with a new electronics?

Bernd

Bro

Hi Bernd,

AF with HC lenses is not out of the specification of X1D features. Engineers are working hard on releasing this feature as soon as possible, so hopefully it will be already in the firmware before the first X1Ds reach those lucky first owners of the camera  ;)

// Bro