Hasselblad X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Yes it's pretty isn't!

My NDA will expire as soon as the announcement is made so please post questions here and I will answer them.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

jimgolden

I've heard from a reliable source, its a new MF SLR style mirror less system with a few new lenses to go along with it. Kinda Digital Mamiya 7, but not rangefinder styling, sadly. also tethering was up in the air from what i heard. I guess we'll all know tomorrow. I just dropped for a CPO 200ms last fall, so I won't be in the running.

iiiNelson

Quote from: NickT on June 22, 2016, 11:15:13 AM
Yes it's pretty isn't!

My NDA will expire as soon as the announcement is made so please post questions here and I will answer them.

Most of these will probably be answered by the press release I assume but here goes everything.

I guess the big thing left for me to see are the specs. Are the two lenses announce focal plane type lenses or do they have leaf shutters? Is the body dual mode like say the Leica S to be able to support focal plane or central shutters? What's the minimum shutter speed... I'd hope it was at least 1/8000th of a second if it's a focal plane shutter. Is there an electronic shutter? What's with the rumors about removing the ability to tether? I think most people interested in this camera would like the ability to do so even if it's not a regular thing for them.

Other than had that it looks like it has potential. Seems like the freaky love child of a Mamiya 7II, a Leica T, a Hasselblad H camera, a Hasselblad V camera, and a Sony FE camera.

Alastair Bird

I'm wondering about:

SD cards? CFAST? XQD (please)

Video?

Tethering - I expect it will tether to Phocus via USB3. (said he, hopefully)

Definitely lenses, too. the 45 and the 90 look great, how easy will it be for me to use HC lenses and, God forbid, my CF lenses?

Focus peaking?

Tell me about the EVF- dots, refresh rate?

AF Points? Can you scatter them all over the sensor?

ISO?

wi-fi to send a decent jpeg to my iphone for Instagram? Because we all know we need 50MP for that...

Finally, shipping and delivery expectations.

This camera is beyond my reach right now, but I could see myself using it a lot. I think it will be a real winner.

raffa

Quote from: Barry Goyette on June 22, 2016, 05:24:36 AM
Ummmm.....where's that sexy mode dial we saw in yesterday's teaser. this has got to be a fake. right?

I think it's a push/pull button, if you compare the photos you will understand better :)

davidthescot

Yes it does look pretty but I would expect nothing less from Hasselblad.  I would be disappointed that it does not have the capability to use existing lenses which I think is a mistake but may be due to the need for a different design for mirrorless.  Would it prompt me to move from my H6D - not a chance.  I have too much invested and there are a lot of reasons why I prefer the ergonomics and usability of the bigger body.

Would I buy it for other purposes? Perhaps but that depends on how the AF (if it does have AF) works and whether that is across the whole chip and can be activated by touch in live view.  A fast medium zoom lens (24-70 equivalent) would possibly make this camera an attractive and more portable alternative for outdoor work for me.

I will look forward to hearing the whole story later today.

iiiNelson

I guess a true measure of how impactful a product is can be observed in how the competition reacts. I point to Phase One's reaction to the Leica S, Pentax 645 Digital series, and now the Hasselblad X1D. The fact that well known Phase One dealers are dismissing the camera as not real medium format (although they sell cameras with the same or a variation of the same sensor) is very telling of how threatened they may be by what Hasselblad has done. So good job Hasselblad.

Although I can't afford this one just yet I'm keeping my eye on it as the system grows. I wonder if it'll come in an all black/charcoal body.

I think the X2D with a BSI sensor will be the next step up down the line.

NickDunmur

Hasselblad X1D?... mirrorless medium format camera uses existing lenses? About $9000 USD...?
:-))
Nick Dunmur — photographer
Nottingham, UK
+44 844 5855505

aikbo

Yes, this is what you want , excellent back-up camera. Excellent for outdoor shooting

aikbo

Question fot Nick, how do we focus with H lenses.
wat is the quality of the viewfinder
Leica SL has some kind of focussing aid using M lenses, The same with Hasselblad X1D?

bodtlaender

Quote from: iiiNelson on June 22, 2016, 10:34:04 PM
The fact that well known Phase One dealers are dismissing the camera as not real medium format (although they sell cameras with the same or a variation of the same sensor) is very telling of how threatened they may be by what Hasselblad has done. So good job Hasselblad.

PhaseOne always says: "we are the best", "we can do this better", "but with our equipment it would look better" etc.. And almost every day a mail from the image doctor. That´s embarrassing. Way too much.

Bernd

bodtlaender

About the X1D: Great product. Congrats. Well done, Hasselblad!

Bernd

Alex

:) Well done Hassie,

? @ Nick
Possible adaptor for Leica S leaf (Central) shutter lenses?

Alex

Buddy

great job Hasselblad!
I am in! great backup to H6D-100c, my new walk around companion. got touch LCD 920k, x-sync 1/800 (1/2000) sec with existing HC lenses, wifi and GPS, USB 3.0
ok, AF only contrast detection, will have to live with this!

KeithL

I'm sick of being screwed by the Euro to GBP pricing.

The body at 7900 Euro at the current exchange rate = £6066 and yet Calumet UK are quoting £7188.

Can anyone confirm pricing for the EU and UK?