Hasselblad X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Guys I will say this. The thing that's coming is good, really good.

I stake my reputation on it.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

aikbo

Medium Format rangefinder with H lenses?

bdp

Am I going to want to sell my H6D Nick?! Or is this new thing not considered a replacement for the H system?

raffa

bodtlaender

My guess is a mirrorless with EVF bigger than 24x36.

Wouldn´t be bad at all. Hopefully AF compatible with the HC and HCD lenses.

Bernd

Alex

Quote from: bdp on June 20, 2016, 11:23:12 PM
Am I going to want to sell my H6D

I don't think they'd be foolish enough to do that - it'd be taking the pi$$ - they'd lose most of their existing users' confidence to invest in anything future.

As MFD users we swallow the costs of the price of the backs and the post release bugs that come with every new camera: We do so because we know we are a small minority market and that's the way it always has been - it's aprt of the relationship. To exploit that by constantly dangling half baked carrots to lure us in would destroy any credibility.

cerett

Quote from: bdp on June 20, 2016, 11:23:12 PM
Am I going to want to sell my H6D Nick?! Or is this new thing not considered a replacement for the H system?

Great question. I just ordered my H6D-50C. I can't imagine Hasselblad would release a new camera at this point in time that would directly compete in every way with a camera they just released. I do suspect it will be mirrorless and something along the lines of the Sony A7RII. I also believe it will allow the use of their existing lenses. Looking forward to the 22nd.

Barry Goyette

Quote from: NickT on June 19, 2016, 02:33:04 PM
This is absolutely not some "dumbed down hybrid".

It is a thing of beauty, totally new and hand-made in Sweden.

Certainly not trying to be a negative Nellie on this. By dumbed down...I mean that the target audience is "well heeled amateur". Fully functional, fully featured, yet not really designed for professional use. The continued use of the word "beautiful" and the two teasers showing a  minimalistic camera with few buttons certainly indicate exactly that kind of camera. That worries me. The new CEO has suggested a step towards "pro-sumer" and I'm really hoping for a system that isn't that. I believe strongly that mirrorless is the future of professional cameras, specifically medium format ones. If they can do it at a lower (than current) price point, Bring meaningful video features into the mix, and produce a more compact, durable body while supporting professional use, Hasselblad just might have something "game-changing"(and considering they've practically branded the new camera as such, they'd better.)

Barry Goyette

(as an aside...on the design. When I first saw the picture you posted last week, Nick, it reminded me of BlackMagic's Cinema Camera. While that camera had potential for producing nice quality images, it was hampered by an extremely limited UI and a stripped down, almost pointless camera body. It was nice looking, but not particularly useful for a professional. I'm certainly not expecting something as rudimentary as that camera. Hasselblad is an actual camera maker versus Blackmagic, which wasn't at the time, but I hope as we start to see more of the new Hasselblad, that there are a few useful buttons interrupting all that "beautiful" design.)  :-)

bodtlaender

Quote from Barry Goyette:

"I believe strongly that mirrorless is the future of professional cameras, specifically medium format ones. If they can do it at a lower (than current) price point, Bring meaningful video features into the mix, and produce a more compact, durable body while supporting professional use, Hasselblad just might have something "game-changing"(and considering they've practically branded the new camera as such, they'd better.)"

+1

Bernd

Hassilistic

The only thing I am really hoping for is that it will be a Large format adapter/body system with a built in automatic shutter and metering system as well as an integrated power battery.  With the ability to fit lenses from Sinar, ALPA, Horseman, and others.

If this is true, then it will most definitely make the most of the 100Mp of the new H6D.

NickT

Here's another wee pic for you.

NickT

I don't think any of you will be disappointed by this, and I speak as someone expecting delivery of an H6D this week.

KeithL

Not sure what it will be, but my fear is it'll be something I covet and can't afford.

NickT

I'm ever so sorry to be the one to tell you Keith...

Oh and welcome back.

iiiNelson

I'm intrigued to know what they come up with. I like to pull for the "non-market sales leaders" when they're innovating.