HELP 'starting up'...... error H3DII-39

Previous topic - Next topic

atoombs

Hi team, I had a shoot today and half way through my digital display read 'starting up' ...... it wouldn't go past that. This was my first paid shoot with my new (old) camera. I changed batteries and checked the CF card...... turned off and on. In the end I took it apart and put it back together and then it was ok. After it started back up it would only let me capture to phocus - whereas before I was capturing to an external hard drive. Has anyone else experienced this ? Whilst I was internally freaking out I think I remained calm and got there in the end but it would've been a 20 minute delay for my shoot. Thankfully my client was awesome :)

Any help would be so greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

jerome_m

1: clean the contacts on the camera, lenses, viewfinder and back. Use contact spray, ethanol or even glass cleaning fluid on a Q-tip. Do not spray the contacts directly.
2: format the CF card in your camera, not in a computer
3: check that your firewire cable is not too long. 5m is the official maximum.
4: do not put the camera and the external disc on the same firewire bus
5: check the external disc. Reformat if necessary.

NickT

Also...

Always have a CF card in the camera. If you have a problem, unplug the firewire for the camera and drop the battery off the camera (hard restart!). Then put the battery back on an power the camera. Wait a second and then do a test shot (untethered) which should pop up on the screen. At that point you know the camera is all good.

No depending on what happened you might want to quit and restart the software.

*Pro Tip* have Phocus and Photoshop as login items on your mac, that way if you have a problem you can restart and walk away knowing that Phocus will launch automatically. */Pro Tip*

Now you can re-connect the camera and you should see "Conrtolled by Phocus" pop up on the back and you are back in business.

Hope that helps.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano