H bodies that take CF backs

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Gahran

I own CF-22MS backs. It's my understanding they can be used on H2F, H4X and H5X bodies. I am I correct?

I would use them primarily in 1-shot and 4-shot mode but sometimes I would like to shoot 16-shot images. 16-shot images would, of course, require using FlexColor. Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks...

Chris

Dustbak

Yes, you are correct about using the bodies.

I am quite sure you can use Flexcolor too since AFAIK the back is the most important part in this but since I have not used FC in a while I can't state that for a fact.

jerome_m

The back should also work on H1 cameras. Possibly, it is also supported by Phocus. It is worth a try.

Chris Gahran

The backs work with Phocus I'm just wondering about working with the H camera body. I currently have them on ELDs. I just need to change the Ixpress adapter plate on the CF back to the H adapter. Dealing with focus shims could be a problem.

If I were to shoot un-tethered would I still need to have a battery attached to the CF back or would the camera (H1, H2, H2F, H4X, H5X) supply the power to the back?

jerome_m

Quote from: Chris Gahran on July 12, 2015, 04:17:29 AMI'm just wondering about working with the H camera body

I am fairly positive they should work on the H1. I just used a CF back to upgrade the firmware on a H1 (but not a multishot model).

QuoteDealing with focus shims could be a problem.

If you need that, I could do the calculations for you.

QuoteIf I were to shoot un-tethered would I still need to have a battery attached to the CF back or would the camera (H1, H2, H2F, H4X, H5X) supply the power to the back?

You'll need a battery in all cases. The batteries are standard Sony NP-F550, you'll get third party equivalents with a charger for peanuts at the usual places (Amazon, etc...).

Dustbak

I have worked for years with CF and CF multishot backs with H1/H2/H2F. NEVER did I need to use shims. In all cases you need a battery attached to the back. I just have not worked with the H4x or H5x which is why I don't want to say too much about it but I guess it is very much like the H2F.

I have always enjoyed using the H bodies with my CF backs. So much that I eventually swapped entirely to H4D and H5D.