Poll for Multi-shot users

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Housel

Hi Nick,

I think 4 shot is great especially with fine patterns like canvas and bedding. I've never really needed 16 shot.

Alan Housel

Charlottesville, Virginia

BobDavid

When I had a 384C, I used micro stepping for copying fine detail original artworks larger than 36" X 36." It was a pain, but it did work. I will say that it was hard on my strobes. I find that my 39MS produces a better file than the 384C did in micro step mode.

Janne H.

¨What sets the Hassie apart from the Canon *IS* the MS facility. Without it, 99% of my clients would be happy with the Canon files.¨

Goes for me to.

Regards all.

/Janne
-6°C in Sweden this mornin.

Tim Read

Quote from: BobDavid on March 26, 2009, 01:57:30 PM
When I had a 384C, I used micro stepping for copying fine detail original artworks larger than 36" X 36." It was a pain, but it did work. I will say that it was hard on my strobes. I find that my 39MS produces a better file than the 384C did in micro step mode.

Yeah I would back this up by saying that micro-stepping on the 384c (which I'm still using) sucks, which is why I very rarely use it.  In fact I find uprezing 16bit multishots to be just as good plus you still have the option of "painting" in repairs from single shots.  The old 3020 produced excellent micro-stepping which I used about 70% of the time.

C Radlund

We use the micro step with our 22 CF MF when shooting large artwork for a specific client. Most of the artwork is larger than 30x40 and being reproduce at 100%, and the
client goes goo goo over the files. I still get a kick out of professionals, on other forums I watch, wonder why people need medium format MF backs.
Most are lifestyle shooters so I give them a break. Especially after they apply all the Kubota actions on their files.  ;D
Corey