Flexcolor 4.8.13 with Imacon 848.. Do you know what this message means?

Previous topic - Next topic

yongsikshin

Light tube fried (meaning I didn't get any result after scan but blank white nothingness), so I went on to replace one. After replacement, this error message popped up.

"Black calibration - value not found"

Can anybody tell me what this is about and how to get rid of it?

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

The scanner performs a black calibration on every new scan when there should be no light reaching the ccd. However there can be other reasons to get a message like this. I think there may be more to it, your diagnosis of the tube being the problem may not be correct, they either illuminate or not, it cannot be the reason for a total white scan.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

yongsikshin

Quote from: Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V on February 26, 2015, 08:50:33 PM
The scanner performs a black calibration on every new scan when there should be no light reaching the ccd. However there can be other reasons to get a message like this. I think there may be more to it, your diagnosis of the tube being the problem may not be correct, they either illuminate or not, it cannot be the reason for a total white scan.

Thank you very much for your take on this issue, Mr. Fairbank. Initially there was no black calibration error message before I replaced the lamp. However, service manual says, "If scans are suddenly coming out black (or all white if you are scanning negatives), then one of the light tubes or lamp driver boards may be defective." That's why I replaced the light tube first. After I replaced it, "black calibration - value not found" message popped up, but when I clicked OK, preview and scan proceeded as expected and image came up. So right now I'm suspecting if the replaced light tube is bad one... One thing I didn't do was whilte calibration after replacing the light tube. But I thought it should be all right since I was changing transparency tube. Perhaps this was what I messed up? Anyway, thank you for your thought.