Dirty on CFV II digital back, help urgently needed please.

Previous topic - Next topic

snappert

Hi all,

I have an issue with my Hasselblad digital back. I believe it is a CFV 2 version digital back. To me it is quite serious as it is stopping me using my kit and thus worrying to me. I use it attached to my 500cm with CF lenses (just for a bit of info).

When I remove the back from the body, instantly I see small specs on the face of the sensor, which obviously show up blatantly on every image I take with the camera and back. Also, when I went to gently rub the face of the sensor with my muslin/microfibre cloth it felt slightly tacky.

As full disclosure, I have never put anything on the glass in front of the sensor not have I touched it with anything, until now of course...
The specs nearly seem ground into the glass. I've never had any specs of dirt or dust inside my camera, I store and keep them in a safe and clean place with a continual temperature and humidity.

It definitely seems like more than just a clean job (please see all images attached). Has anybody else seen or experienced this first hand before?

http://postimg.org/gallery/arwc4s86/

I haven't used it for maybe 2 months because of my recent acquisition of my Leica M9 arsenal but I still love it and have many uses for it, so I really want to get it sorted...

So...
1) is there anything I can do/try to find the solution to this issue?
2) what/where is the best place to enquiry and possibly/potentially sent it off to (within England if possible) to have it professionally fixed and resolved?

Thank you all in advance.

All the best,

N

http://postimg.org/gallery/arwc4s86/

NickT

That is mould on the inside or the IR filter. It will need to go back to Hasselblad for a new filter.
Did you purchase from a dealer?

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

snappert

Hi Nick,

No I didn't purchase from a dealer, sadly.
Although at this stage I don't think it would matter as I've had it for nearly three years now anyway.
So how would this have occurred? I keep it in the same place all the time?
I did however take it to Swaziland, Africa a couple of years ago, but it had been working as new since then...

So back to Hasselblad, could you shed some light on how to initiate that process?
Where do I go (online) to contact and get quotes from them etc...?
P.S. I've never had to deal direct with a manufacturer before so it seems a little bit daunting...

Thank you for your fast and swift response!

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Go to the Hasselblad UK web site for all the info and prices. To answer your question about how it got there you will have to review the way that you store your equipment, it needs to be dry and aired, cases with foam padding are great for transportation but not good for stoarge. It is a common occurence for any piece of camera equipment that is stored away for many years in an environment with sufficient moisture in the atmosphere. Please carefully check your camera body and lenses for the same problem
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

NickT

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano