Cropped Preview in 2.8.1

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonemonkey

Here's a strange one, I am seeing a cropped preview in Phocus 2.8.1 with the crop turned off. I am not seeing the bottom 1/4 of the image no matter what I do. I have attached a screen capture for reference.

The images export uncropped so this seems to be a preview issue. Every once in a while I will get the entire image to show up but it is entirely random, a reinstal of the software had no effect. Any suggestions?

Brian R.

bdp

Do you have any value in the 'straighten' box in the crop and orientation section? Also, try pressing command-d and command - several times to zoom back.

Let us know how you go.

Ben

Stonemonkey

Ben,

I have no values set in the crop & Orientation menu and Command-D has no effect. I can zoom in on the image but when I zoom back out I still only get a truncated image.

There is a new development however, when I use the arrows in the tool bar to go backwards the image normalizes and I see the full image. However, when I capture the next image the view is cropped once again. There is an update for my operating system so I am going to instal and see if that helps.

Brian R.

Stonemonkey

Okay, I have updated to newest OS (Mavericks) and still no joy, the problem persists.

Brian R.

bdp

Hmm, very strange, I haven't seen that problem myself. 2.8.1 definitely has some problems, like the 2 black frames issue that a lot of people are experiencing. Also I sometimes print small 6x4 prints directly from Phocus, which worked fine prior to 2.8.1 but now they print slightly cropped. So I'm still using 2.7.6 because it seems to most stable for me.

Ben

Stonemonkey

I think I will go back to 2.8 and see if a patch or better version is released, It's embarrassing to have a client see you struggle with a misbehaving capture software.

Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated.

Brian R.

Stonemonkey

I uninstalled 2.8.1 and reinstalled 2.8 and the Crop problem has vanished.

Brian R.