Phocus 2.81 tethered to a PC using Win7 / Nvidia Geoforce 7600 GS

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Johnson-Laird

Hi (especially to NickT) -- sorry for long silence -- got distracted by UAVs and haven't used my H4D50 in a while -- I've only previously used it tethered to a Mac a couple of years ago.

Just trying to get it set up tethered under Windows on a PC and seem to have a rash of little problems (configuration and version numbers are at the end of this posting) even though I can connect up, control the camera, capture images and generally use the tethered mode:

Here are the problems I see with Phocus 2.8.1:

1. Camera Configuration : even though the camera is recognized by Phocus, when I select Camera Configuration Phocus displays "Camera not supported" : doesn't appear to be a workaround.

2. When I use LiveView, the HC100 makes a ticking noise every second or so and occasionally the image "flickers" or changes slightly. Is this normal?

3. Phocus: When either I look at images from the CF card, or images I have shot tethered, the images are in color in the thumbnail row, but monochrome in the viewer area. I've just installed Phocus 2.8.1 for the first time so is there some default setting that is wrong? Or is this a sign of problems with the video card? (Photoshop CS6 and Adobe Premiere don't have any problems.)

4. When I export an image as PSD file, Photoshop CS6 on a Mac displays a dialog box that says, "This file contains file info data which cannot be read and has been ignored." Has anyone else seen this problem, please? I'm not sure if it's serious -- the image appears to load up fine anyway but you'd think that H could create PSD files without error -- so I'm fretting there is some incompatibility.

Thanks in advance for any assistance
Andy

Version details:
Camera H4D-50
Body 2.2.4
VF 2.2.0
Sensor 366

Windows 7, Professional 64-bit, Service Pack 1
Generic PC with 4GB of RAM.
NVidia Geoforce 7600 GS (current drivers) driving Apple 30" Cinema display.
Granite Firewire cable (learned my lessons there back when I had a H3D! :) )

Forensic Software Analyst : H4D-50, HTS and beaucoup HC lenses
Portland, Oregon, USA

Andy Johnson-Laird

Just to clarify one thing:

Item 3: I've noticed that the image comes up in the Viewer in color for about a second and then changes to monochrome. I have not made any changes to the any adjustments or presets (as I say, this is a fresh install on a new machine) -- but it almost looks like an adjustment is being applied.

Item 4: Also, the workaround for the .PSD issue is just to use DNG. The files are smaller and it causes Photoshop to open up in Camera Raw so I make any tweaks there. It appears that I need to take out some magenta from the Hassie "Standard" setting. (About -5 on the ACR Color Balance.)

Andy.
Forensic Software Analyst : H4D-50, HTS and beaucoup HC lenses
Portland, Oregon, USA