H5D-40 problem when shooting tethered - 2 black frames before one good.

Previous topic - Next topic

bdp

Using Phocus 2.8.1 on Mac with Sensor Firmware 2.5.4R and Body Firmware 3.1.6/1.1.4

Often, when I try to take a pic either from the computer or from the camera, it pauses, then takes two or three frames, the first two are black, and the last one is OK, if it does the third. If I have the mirror up at the time this sequence results in the mirror flipping down at the end of this cycle.

I have put a call in to my dealer but he seems so busy it is often days before he gets back to me, so I guess all I want to know from fellow owners is if they are experiencing this issue or not. If so, I won't worry because that will probably mean it is a firmware or software issue and will eventually be fixed. If not, it may mean I have a hardware problem, so I'll pursue my dealer some more and get it in for repair.

Thanks,
Ben

Dustbak

bdp

Thanks.

Looks like a software issue because I went back to 2.7.6 and it's not happening.

Ben

Domip

bdp

Ah ha! Thanks, that's good (in a way). At least our cameras aren't broken.

I spoke to a H5D-50 owner who also has the problem. I think we all need to report it to HB through our dealers so they can fix it. The more reports they get the more seriously they will take it.

Ben

Greg

Or go to the Hasselblad website and comment on the contact us section.

Greg