Weird H5D 40 tethering problems

Previous topic - Next topic

flashinsson

Hi everybody,

I am having really strange problems when tethering my H5D-40.
I am running phocus 2.8.1 on three different machines.
On my 2010 Mac Pro, shooting to an internal three drive raid, no problems so far.
Shooting to the system SSD, after a while, pictures don't get transferred any more, the led on the back blinks green, but I can still shoot, loosing all the pictures though.
On my iMac, camera connected using a thunderbolt to fw800 adaptor same problem occurs, but sometimes already after ten frames. It doesn't matter if I shoot to the internal fusion drive or an external thunderbolt raid (which is what I usually do).
On my MacBookPro, which still has a real fw800 port, shooting to the internal SSD or the external TB raid, the same problem, but on this machine it happens really fast and often.

It sometimes helps to restart phocus, sometimes I have to restart the camera as well and sometimes also the computer to get things running again for the next 10 frames. It's just like changing film, just ames longer and every time you loose some frames...

When I still had my H4D 40, I never had big problems, the occasional crash which everybody is used to I guess, but now, it's almost impossible to work decently.
I just had the firewire port repaired on the camera, and maybe there is the problem? I made a fresh os x install on the iMac, it didn't help. Upgraded to mavericks, didn't help. Tried different cables, batteries, adaptors, nothing helped.

All that does not happen when shooting to cf cards.

Anyone experiencing the same? Maybe really a hardware thing?
Every hint is appreciated, thanks,
Martin

Domip

Go back to Phocus 2.8
Version 2.8.1 is buggy and Hasselblad is working on it...

flashinsson

Tried with 2.8 and also 2.7.x, on different Mac Os X versions as well. Still the same. Camera is off to Sweden again...