50-110 lens "No lens found"

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonemonkey

I've been having this issue off and on for some time, every time I move my camera (on tripod) from one place to the other I get a "No Lens" error from the camera with my H50-110 lens attached. I'm using an H2 with CF22 back. I have checked the connectors and they are all clean and present at the same level and this does not happen with my other lenses. Granted this is a beast of a heavy lens but it was made for this camera.

Every time this happens I have to remove and replace the lens and turn off the camera and disconnect If tethered. Embarrassing with clients watching.

Any ideas?

Brian R.

paulgrundy

I had exactly this  problem in the same circumstances, except on a H4D. (I can't see how it was related but this problem was followed by the focus motor packing in.) I realise writing this that in the 18 months since the repair I have not shot with it on a tripod to see if I would still get the error message.
The 50 -110 is a lovely piece of design but it has left them with nowhere to fit a tripod collar and if ever there was a lens missing a tripod collar it's this monster.
I wonder if RRS could come up with a solution?

Paul
Paul Grundy

Stonemonkey

Paul,

Thanks, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. I'll have to get with Hasselblad on this.

Brian R.

winky

any ideas for how to solve?? same problem with my h3d.

Cirillo

Hello, same with my H5D. The lens is simply too heavy and it's enough that it looses a contact for a very short while ( when you moving with the camera mounted on a tripod for example) and the error message appears. I thing that the RRS lens support would help.

NickT

Yes I think it's an issue with contacts not touching.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

hvk

I don't think it is a general problem with the lens being to heavy. I used my 50-110 (sold at around 70k exposures) on a H2D (150k exposures when I sold it) without a single problem for four years. I work at industrial sites with lots of vibrations and carry the camera/lens mounted on a tripod all time.

I did get the error message using my HC 35. So I think problems are for specific camera/lens samples.

Regards,
Henrik

NickT

I agree some have more issues than others, I suspect there's variation in the spring contacts and how far out they are. My 80mm occasionally gives me "lo lens" errors but none of my other lenses do, a quick half twist on and off clears it.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Stonemonkey

Well it's been a while since I posted this thread so perhaps an update is in order. I sent the lens in for repair and that did not solve the issue, so I sent in the camera and that also had no effect. I have upgraded to the H5D-40 and I still get the "No Lens" error.
I don't want to sound like a complainer, but Hasselblad has built it's reputation on precision and quality, I'm not really seeing it here.

I wish I had better news.

Brian R.