Phocus 1.2

Previous topic - Next topic

horseoncoboy

Quote from: David Grover on March 07, 2009, 02:18:58 AM
Quote from: horseoncowboy on March 06, 2009, 10:29:58 PM
Quote from: David Grover on March 06, 2009, 08:40:49 PM
Quote from: horseoncowboy on March 05, 2009, 10:16:53 PM
nick, great !  do you know if live-view is also improved ?

What is your critiscism of Live View out of interest?  Also which product are you using?

Normally we have very enthusiastic feedback on the Live View in Phocus.

hi david i use a  h3d2 31 - 

phocus - no color preview

slow refresh

burned out areas

Color preview - would slow down the refresh I am afraid.  Why do you need colour?  What purpose does it serve?

Burned out areas - LV works best in low light, so (if possible) reduce modeling lights to a minimum.

i like,  more i need  color preview, it is very helpful when you do still life work sw is simply not enough to get a compositions right or maybe i'm simply used to canon too much ;-)

Dustbak

I am so glad I got the litle 4 in the thumb to see which files are multishot!!!

The images below 25% are now as they should be. No longer soft & blurred but the you might expect them. Export is also noticeably faster.

Now, if there could be the possibility to set the approval level on the thumb and the histogram larger with scales (like f-stops as in Flexcolor) Phocus could be replacing Flexcolor for me in the near future.

No sign yet of 'highlight recovery' or 'fill light' functionality.

David Grover

Quote from: Dustbak on March 08, 2009, 04:09:08 AM

Now, if there could be the possibility to set the approval level on the thumb...

Can you clarify that point Ray?

Dustbak

Carsten already pointed me towards the thing that has changed over Flexcolor. I was so used to setting the approval level by clicking on the colored little ball so I tried to do the same with Phocus. This doesn't work but simply typing 1,2 or 3 does, I guess a simple matter of RTFM.

silvesterkok

Any news on a release date of Phocus 1.2 ????

Kind regards

Silvester

oliverd

I am still unclear if it is possible to select multiple thumbnails and then batch process in Phocus 1.2. Does any one know how to do this
Oliver

Dustbak

Yes, just like you say. Select multiple thumbs and hit the export button.

oliverd

So you are exporting them without correcting them in Phocus?  It seems I can only work on one image at a time in Phocus.
Oliver

Dustbak

Nope, that was not what I said or what you asked.

Yes you can only work on 1 image at the time in Phocus (which is more or less the same in basically every other Raw conversion program). You can export more than 1 image at once. I normally prep my images and than export them in 1 batch (not always but in most cases).

I don't think I understand what kind of solution you are looking for or what kind of problem you are having? Do you want to apply adjustments to more than 1 image at the same time? In that case you prep 1 image, save changes (by pressing on the little database like symbol in the top task bar) and select the images you want to apply the same settings to, press 'modify'. select the top option (add default etc..) use current and select all the things you want to apply, press 'modify' and there you go. Now press export and save the images to the desired format.

oliverd

Thanks,
You've been very helpful.  However after I prep one image and save the changes; and then try to select other images the Modify button is greyed out.  It seems that I have to import each image individually and then apply the last saved changes.  Can you think of a reason the modifiy button is greyed out.
THanks,
Oliver

David Grover

Oliver,

You must have your source image, ie the one you have already corrected, selected along with the other files that you wish to apply the same adjustments too.

David

Dustbak

No, not necessarily David. You do have to have a source file open in the main screen though because you will modify your selected files with the 'current' file. If there is no 'current' file (as in clicked open) you cannot apply it to others.

Probably you meant to say this I guess :) I have never tried to just select a bunch of files including 1 that has the right settings and than modify them without 'opening' the one that I want to use as a source. Does that work? (hmmm... let me give that a try, I do wonder because how does Phocus know which file to use as a source?)

David Grover

Yes!  Thats what I meant - rushing a reply.  ;)

photopalmer101

Do you know of any issues when running the new Beta version on a MAC Power PC? I loaded the new Beta version onto two different Power PCs and whenever i did a rapid sequence of shots tethered it would freeze with and the shots wouldn't even make it over from the back to the software.

Rob

Phil G

Does anyone know when is the upgrade to 1.2  for Mac is likely to be released into the wild ?

Is there a list of features and issues it addresses available ?

Regards

Phil
Photography is not just an end in its self but a powerful vehicle for Learning