CF39 Live View with Phocus 2.7.4

Previous topic - Next topic

wyo22ski

Has anyone tried successfully using Live View with Phocus 2.7.4 and a CF39?  I just updated my computer platform to a Macbook Pro 15" Retina OSX 10.8.3.  Everything works flawless except for Live View.  Live View isn't critical in 85% of my work, but I still need it.  I tried with battery installed and without battery--neither case work.

On a positive: great to learn that I can unplug the thunderbolt adapter from computer with FW800 intact, shut the computer, move locations, open computer, and plug-in again without a problem (seems to perform this way only with battery removed from digital back).

Thanks in advance
Cameron

wyo22ski

After the initial discovery with the Macbook Pro Retina with Live View, I tested using my old MacBook Pro 17" with direct FW800 connection.  Live View works fine in Phocus 2.7.1 with the CF39.  I updated Phocus to 2.7.4 on the same old MacBook Pro, tried again, and Live View does not work.  This might be useful for others.  I haven't tried downloading 2.7.1 to the Retina yet.  I have a ticket in with Tech Support....am awaiting their response.

wyo22ski

Have spoken with Tech Support on this problem.  They have been able to replicate it and hopefully will provide an update.  In the mean time I switch to Flexcolor for live preview as needed.

Domip

Live View works here.
Although very dark view... :-\

Same configuration: H2D with CF39 ms - MacBookPro Retina - Phocus 274

Tim Read

I'm experiencing similar issues with my old Ixpress384 on a new 27 iMac. Live View works but Live Focus just freezes with both Flexcolor and Phocus.  I'm thinking its a Thunderbolt to Firewire problem as the back works with both my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro.  Tried all the usual stuff, cables, different Thunderbolt adaptor.  All machines are OSX10.8.5.

Dustbak

Live view causes me issues with the current version of Phocus too. (H5D40 & H4D60). On the laptop with TB to FW it doesn't work on the studio machine it goes haywire as soon as I click on the 100% with live view. I don't use it too often but it would be nice when it got fixed.

Tim Read

Quote from: Tim Read on September 26, 2013, 08:10:18 AM
I'm experiencing similar issues with my old Ixpress384 on a new 27 iMac. Live View works but Live Focus just freezes with both Flexcolor and Phocus.  I'm thinking its a Thunderbolt to Firewire problem as the back works with both my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro.  Tried all the usual stuff, cables, different Thunderbolt adaptor.  All machines are OSX10.8.5.

Have now tried to get Live Focus to work on another iMac and had exactly the same problems.  Going to try shorter cables as at present only have 800-400 firewire 10m.  Thought I'd try 5m fire wire just to see if this is an attenuation problem, although my money is on the thunder bolt connection which I have to say is a remarkably bad connector as it's always slipping out. 

RQuindry

I believe that issue was fixed with the release of ver 2.75.

Rich Quindry