Questions about H2

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Quote from: MT on May 09, 2009, 10:55:42 AM
I have two questions regarding H2:

1. Today, I was shooting, (H2/P45+/RechargeBatteryGrip), and as I was shooting, the Phase back reported "corrupted file, not written". And the H2 readout on the grip then gave this message: BUSY, and would not let me shoot another picture. Do you think this was cause by a hiccup in the Phase back, or the H2 body? I turned the camera off, and the back off, and then both back on, but the body kept saying BUSY when I pressed the shutter release, and would not allow further shooting.
Hi Mark
This is most likely a connection error, ie the pins that connect back/body inspect and clean..
2. With my P45+ back on this H2, my battery life is shockingly short. It would appear almost that, when the back is on the body, but with the back powered off, that something is still pulling power from the Phase battery. Because many times, I might shoot ten frames with a fresh battery, then turn the back off, and come back to it the next day, and the battery is dead. Dead, as in, the back won't even turn on. This has happened very often, with multiple batteries. Could there be something still "on" even when the back is off?

Thank you.
I asked a Phase expert (Thanks!) and he said yes the batteries on the back do indeed drain when not in use.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

MT

i think i found source of "BUSY". It happened again yesterday.

When the battery on the Phase back goes low, to a certain level, the body stops firing and displays BUSY on the H2 LCD.

This P45+ blows thru batteries like wildfire.

sns7000

We love our 120 and use it both as a macro and portrait lens.
The waist level finder is most welcome, we were on a wait list when they first were released. I couldn't wait.
I have heard that the 100 is a great lens but haven't used one yet.
Our 50 has CA but with DAC the problem is gone.
I have used our 210 minimally so far but when I did I was shooting wide open and using manual focus and the user button, the portraits were very nice with shallow DOF and rapid smooth fall off.