Any real hands on H5D experience anybody?

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustbak

One real caveat! It seems the camera is draining the battey when turned off (I thought this was only an issue with Mamiya/P1 :(). I noticed I put away the body for a few days with a fairly fresh battery only to find it completely empty a few days later.

Barry Goyette

Quote from: Dustbak on September 06, 2013, 07:39:09 PM
One real caveat! It seems the camera is draining the battey when turned off (I thought this was only an issue with Mamiya/P1 :(). I noticed I put away the body for a few days with a fairly fresh battery only to find it completely empty a few days later.

now...I'm not seeing this...I had the camera in the bag for a week after my last shoot, and just used it yesterday, shooting for about an hour...no problems...

Hueto

Quote from: Dustbak on September 06, 2013, 07:39:09 PM

My camera is in the bag several days and this does not happen
I do not speak English, my translations are done with Google translator. Sorry for any errors. thanks

Dustbak

Hmmm, mine does. I have now checked it for 2 days in a row and it looses about 10% off battery life per day while being turned off. Maybe it is because I have new batteries so I will pay some more attention to it over time.

rem

Dustbak, I have the same problem with one battery. One is fine, the other one goes empty prety fast when not used on the camera. I change this battery. Another problem I have: my cam loose all the time the time and date when I remove the battery. Very strange. I think there should be a battery inside the back to avoid that?! Anybody nows that?
Rem

Hueto

Now I'm back from a little vacation for 7 days and my battery is still the same.

But a new thing, the images taken in the same session may be hours, days, months and years different capture, the service says to try different cards, but this test is already done and is equal. Apparently children have many things to fix in these cameras.
regards
I do not speak English, my translations are done with Google translator. Sorry for any errors. thanks

rem

Hueto, and when you remove the Battery, the Date goes also back to 2012 and ist lost?
regards, rem

Hueto

I've had the battery out for 12 hours and the date remains

rem

Thanks Huetto. I hope I have the camera not to give back in the factory for this issue...

rem

So, I have other problems with my H5D 50. Several times now I had a big red cross "X" on the back (nearly the hole display). First I had the idea that it is because a wrong CF Card (Sandisk Extreme Prof. 32GB). (Several times in the same time came the message: remove the card, card ist not compatible. But today I had the problem several times also with 8GB Sandisk that comes with the camera. Then also, If I switch the camera off, the back stays on, the green light is flashing, the back is hot and the battery down in a very short time (I saw it twice not, that the light is flashing on the back).

I think I have to give the camera back to Göteborg, but I don't know if they can replicate the error... Strange.

Anybody have the same issue?

The Date now works. The Battery was to charge with the Firewire cable.

rem

rem

Hi all, I have another question. Could you see in the finder (Mac OS 10.9 + 10.8...) the preview picture and the infos from the 3.FR files? I see only the JPG's. Not problem with the H4D.

Thanks! rem

Giorgio

Hi REM,

I don't have an H5D.
If I open .3FR or .fff files outside of Phocus I see the 0 x 0 file info too.
Can Phocus open your .3FR files?

rem

Hi Giorgio! Yes, that works fine. And after import I have the .fff and this files I can see in the finder. The problem seems to be only the H5D .3FR files...
Thanks! rem

Dustbak

I have the same thing. I reckon this is an OS thing where Apple hasn't added support for the H5 yet. A thing you could check is whether Aperture has H5 support. I have not done so but my guess it does not at this moment...

Just checked and indeed, it does not. The moment Apple adds support for the H5 the previews will be visible in the finder too. The OS shares the camera file support with Aperture.

rem

Thanks Dustbak. I do not have a new Version from Aperture. What special is, that sometimes SOME pictures looking "normal" but the most not. Then, when I change the size they looking like all others, just white...