Lunar

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Maxim

Quote from: Dustbak on March 06, 2013, 05:26:31 AM
Yeah the IQ260 appears to be something pretty amazing. 1 hour exposure, 13.5stops of DR, Wifi' weather sealing, étc.. I certainly hope HB will have access to the same sensor of the IQ260.

It is just that that DF body is still a piece of crap and using the IQ on a H4X is something I would not want to do....

DR
exposure
ISO 35-3200
WiFi
USB3

http://www.phaseone.com/en/Camera-Systems/IQ2-Series/IQ2-Features.aspx
focus mask, damn that's useful....

Hasseblad is losing...

fotografz

It's a good thing that the P1 camera body is such a mess of a camera ... and an even better thing that Leica did not choose to make a 50 or 60 meg camera that one can use with the H series lenses like you can with the current dual shutter S2/S.

Whether you use it or not, I also think that Hasselblad saved their bacon from the fire with the invention of True Focus/APL which no one has yet come close to equalling. Yet, how long can that remain the only distinguishing factor?

Phase may lead in digital back technology for certain applications, however, in practical terms having one of the newer IQ2s probably wouldn't alter my work flow a whole lot ... the simplicity of the H integrated ergonomics seem just fine to me. My experience has been the more e-stuff a camera can do the more often it screws up right in the middle of a shoot, for whatever the reason, including human error. Since my first ill fated H2D/22 "DNG" based camera, it has taken some time for the H system to "stabilize" so it does what it is supposed to, when you want it to. My previous H4D/40 and current H4D/60 is the most stable H platform I've used to date.

As I throw the cloak of retirement over me, and began downsizing, what the future may bring plays less a role. I'll either reduce or eliminate my big gun H4D/60 system ... with the full knowledge that it did its thing well, with a minimum of fussing and hiccups.

In that spirit, my hat is off to Hasselblad for what they have accomplished to date ... and offer my sincere well wishes for their future.

-Marc

martinnz

http://htv.hasselblad.com/video/hasselblad-lunar-launch-event-in-new-york

I am feeling really ill

For some weird reason it makes me think phase
but I still think my H3D gives really great results
maybe I should stop using google 

NickT

Guys I know how you all feel about the Lunar.

Think of it this way, if the Lunar sells well (And it seems that it is selling well) then (some of) that money can be used to re-invest in the H system.

Stay tuned, I've been in contact with some people at Hasselblad and the future is looking promising .
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

bdp

C'mon Nick, give us a hint! What have you heard..?! New hardware, software, what?

Ben

KeithL

What with the Lunar - and more to come - and the servicing bombshell, Hasselblad really need to publicly reassure users of their commitment to and the future of their pro product line.

davidthescot

Quote from: KeithL on July 09, 2013, 10:53:56 PM
What with the Lunar - and more to come - and the servicing bombshell, Hasselblad really need to publicly reassure users of their commitment to and the future of their pro product line.

+1

Ralf Mueller

Fully agree here and i believe enough has been said about the Lunar by now. Although my wallet remains closed for any HB purchase at the moment
i'm still enjoying the use of my H3DII and sincerely hope they shuffle enough money to make some serious R&D investments in MF digital space.
So you see, there is still hope with that company, next checkpoint is photokina 2014 which is not that far away.

Cheers,
Ralf

NickT

Keith et al

I completely agree and said exactly this to the Sales director yesterday. I am being sent an NDA to sign and will then have further discussions.

Stay tuned!
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Given that NDA stands for Non-Disclosure Agreement, I'll wait with baited breathe for the next instalment.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

bdp

Keith et al

I completely agree and said exactly this to the Sales director yesterday. I am being sent an NDA to sign and will then have further discussions.

Stay tuned!

Well I'm glad something is in the works, as long as it doesn't make my new H5D obsolete!! . When will you be allowed to let us know anything?

Ben

bdp

My bet is on a DSLR.... sub $1000.

Greg

Sorry, Ben.  Based on their thought process on the Lunar there's not a chance.

Greg

bdp

KeithL

Given the current association with Sony I'd be surprised if there wasn't a 24x36 DSLR SonyBlad on the way.