Better resolution and/or color on CFE/CFi lenses then CF lenses?

Previous topic - Next topic

vifr

Hi

I am currently shooting with CFV-39 and a mix of CF and CFi/CFE lenses.
The new CFV-50C is very interesting and I will most probably do an upgrade.
But will I see any quality difference on the two lens types, CF vs CFE or CFi?
Is there any reviews to read, or any testing done on those lenses.
What I understand so are the MFT graphs similar and the only difference is the
electronic connectors and the fact that you can use the latter on newer camera types
like the F-series.
And, will the lenses stand up to the 50MP resolution?

desertdiver

Vifr,

you might find all the lens information at http://hasselbladhistorical.eu. CFE vs CFi doesn't make any difference as long as you use those lenses on camera bodies which do not have those electrical contacts to make use of information provided by CFE lenses. MTF graphs are identical except the CFE40IF which was and is an outstanding lens.

The differences between CF and CFi/CFE lenses are improved internal lens barrel coatings, light baffles in order to reduce flare and improved shutter parts, i.e. more reliable materials especially for the shutter's spring.

As for resolution there are certainly lenses which are up to the task. And due to the smaller sensor it will see a smaller part of the lenses' image circles, which will result in less aberration and other optical effects related to borders and corners.

Just see yourself how your CFV-39 copes with your actual V-system lenses and you'll get a feeling to be expected from the new back.

Reagrds,
Udo