Hasselblad 35-90 Lens issues, PLS HELP

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Hasselblad 35-90 Lens issues, happens periodically:
1.   shutter button freezes half way down
2.   view finder and digital back screen are both black
3.   several pictures are very overexposed which have identical F stop, shutter speed and iso to correctly exposed identical picture (why)
4.   lens cant find the correct focus point and continues to search for it
The Fix:
1.   turn the camera off
2.   push the lens release button
3.   rotate the lens to the right
4.   rotate the lens to the left to engage the lens lock
5.   it now will work perfectly until one or all of the issues above happen again
Notes:
1.   My 80mm, 100mm and 150mm lenses do not exhibit any issues
2.   The camera and back have been changed but issues continue
3.   The lens was examined twice but no problem was found
4.   The settings I use most are as follows:
a.   Program Mode
b.   Center weighted exposure
c.   Single shot auto focus
d.   Daylight  light balance
e.   ISO 100
f.   Continuous Drive Mode

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  I feel the problem is within the lens, maybe the camera software, or perhaps me.  Because the same camera settings work perfectly with my fixed focal length lenses , I feel that the problem lies with the lens. Thanks to all,  Arthur

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Quick reply, make sure you have all the latest firmware from the Hasselblad website.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

Arthur

I just visited Hasselblad USA and they have been excellent. They replaced the lens and also the battery which was showing 80% but would drop to 10% then go back to 80%. The battery could have caused the overall problem.  I can not get over how helpful the people working for Hasselbald USA are.  Thanks also to all who ave responded,   Regards,  Arthur

Greg

That has always been the case for me, too.  Service quality and helpfulness is probably the best aspect of the company, but the company sales representatives with whom I have dealt are equally excellent.

Greg