Comparison between D800 and H4D-50

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacephoto

PLEASE DONT SHOOT ME!  :D

----

Both at 100% view.

Nikon D800 with AFD 20 MM F2.8

Hasseblad H4D with H 35 mm F2.8

Not a scientific comparison. Don't hold me against it. Don't ask me the colors of H4D-50. I just didn't process it diligently.

In terms of sharpness and size, D800 comes pretty close. But of course, in terms of bit depth, Medium format wins hands down.

But D800 wins in terms of versatility, video, etc.

Comparison betw D800 and H4D-50 at 100% by 1000words.com.sg, on Flickr

bzb

at most I would shoot you, because you compare an sunny image with a cloudy one...  ;)

Quote from: Jacephoto on June 11, 2012, 11:10:01 PM
PLEASE DONT SHOOT ME!  :D

----

Both at 100% view.

Nikon D800 with AFD 20 MM F2.8

Hasseblad H4D with H 35 mm F2.8

Not a scientific comparison. Don't hold me against it. Don't ask me the colors of H4D-50. I just didn't process it diligently.

In terms of sharpness and size, D800 comes pretty close. But of course, in terms of bit depth, Medium format wins hands down.

But D800 wins in terms of versatility, video, etc.

Comparison betw D800 and H4D-50 at 100% by 1000words.com.sg, on Flickr

fotografz

What is the point here?

It isn't the same part of the building, and one is properly exposed in shade and the other over exposed in sun ... and not even white balanced.

Where's my gun ... LOL!

-Marc

Fotograf

your profile says: "So much to learn...."

true word  ;)

Michael

Roger Méndez

Hi everyone

I´ve found this video in youtube which I think is interesting. The only thing is that the comparison is done with a 40 and not with a 50. There you can see the diference of quality between cameras. Hope you enjoy it.

The link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UBTE4xpvpk

Roger

Dustbak

I have both the D800 as well as the H4D60. The D800 is a joy in use, portability, rtc.. but each time I open the files I am abhorred by the greenish 'undertow' that is in the files which I find very hard to get rid of without damaging other parts. Sofar it is now to a point where I often leave it at home and bring the 60 or even the trusty old D700. The H4D60 however always amazes me when I start working on the files....

I know I can make the D800 files into what I want but the thing simply doesn't give me much joy just yet... to me that apparently is a big factor. I dislike being upset with first impressions ;)

Monty Rakusen

Yes my experience exactly, they have a strange colour and the lens quality is a shock in comparison to the Hasselblad.