Repair corrupt FFF files?

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc Gysin

I have a couple of corrupted FFF files from an important shoot and on all my backups it is the same. I'm on a Mac and can see the files in the finder but they show no icon nor can I open them with Phocus, PS...
Any suggestions how I get them back?

Thank you for your inputs

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

It may be possible but please supply lots more information like what camera it was taken with, what software are you using, how did the corruption happen. Try using recovery software like Sandisc rescue Pro if it's on a card, try 'open as' using the FFF option in Photoshop.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

Marc Gysin

Hi Douglas

thank you fro your reply. I use an HD3II 50MP and Phocus. When this happened I don't know as these are files I made about 6 month ago and on my backup (TimeMachine) the latest files I can access are already corrupt. I tried with several disk recovery softwares (DataRescure and DiskDrill) but no luck also opening with Photoshop 6 does not work either. The files show thee correct size in the Finder. Any thoughts?

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Sometimes the files have the header corrupted or the wrong extension code. If you have recovered files try changing the extension to FFF or 3FR, the first being the Phocus generated file and the later being the card generated file. Send me a link to a file and I will have a look at it.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

Marc Gysin

I sent you a PM

Thank you for your help

Marc