Auto Focus Adjustment in H4D?

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael H. Cothran

Does the H4D have auto focus adjustment capability?
I've been interested in the Lens Align tools, and wondered if they were usable with an H4D. At their site, they state to "Hover to see the cameras that feature auto-focus adjustment with LensAlign (updated May 12, 2012)."
However, they don't state where to hover, and I can't find anything.
The only cameras I've ever heard mentioned anywhere are Nikon and Canon.
Just curious. I've not been completely happy lately with the performance of my Zeiss lenses in the H4D-50, using the auto focus confirmation. As has been indicated before, 50 mpix might be past the resolution of these lenses.

Michael H. Cothran

Never mind, I guess. My Google tool bar was blocking where I needed to go.
The Lens Align tools, I read, work with any camera/lens combo to test its focus accuracy, but only certain cameras possess the ability to fine-tune auto focus in-camera. Hasselblad was not listed. I could determine whether my AF was focusing in front of, or behind the subject, but, short of sending the camera to a service center for adjustment, there's no way for me to do it myself.
I'd like to think that maybe Hasselblad's factory tolerances were tighter than those of Nikon or Canon, but I'd also like the reassurance to know that my AF was accurate.

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

You can fine tune the AF but not in the way you may be thinking. Working tethered in Phocus you can bias the focus in fine, medium or coarse steps (individual images). You can see the difference in live view if you want. If you think there is a consistent shift then maybe you do have a problem but one thing you could check is with the body alone lift the mirror and check there is no dust or hairs over the AF sensor in the interior base of the camera body. Just dust blow it, dont touch it.

Page 35 of the Phocus manual.

Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

meshuggener

is it normal that graph still going up and down once you have done the focus and don't touch it anymore ? The Black & White live view display is for all models of H ?
www.matantoniassi.com
www.facebook.com/matantoniassi