H6D tethered

Previous topic - Next topic

sortvitt

I struggle to get a consistent full speed connection when shooting tethered with H6D and a new Mac Pro. Every now and then I get full USB 3, but it's rare. Most of the time I  only get USB2 and quite frequently no connection at all. I use a TetherTools USB C to USB C cable. I could be a variety of issues (cable, connections), of course.

Do you in general find the tethered shooting to work well at full speed? If so which cable are you using?

Jan.

Dustbak

I Use the H6 with an iMac Pro. Every now and than I get the USB2 signal when shooting tethered. Not very often, most of the time I remove the cable, plug it back in and the speed is again at USB3.

I reckon it has to do with cable quality and length. I use the Tethertools USB3.0 Active cable (appr. 5 mtrs) which plugs in my iMacPro on one side and the other side is female. A shorter (I think 1m80) USB-C to USB3.0 cable comes from the camera and plugs into the Tethertools cable.

This works great 99.99% of the time.

DJPixelMan

I find my tethered shooting is really fast. Windows 10. Never had an issue with it, even on a Windows 10 laptop.

bdp

In my experience the cable that plugs into the camera is the culprit. Wear and tear at the camera end caused my tethering to drop to USB2 a few times a day. Sometimes removing and plugging in again would fix it, sometimes not. Get a new cable and it will stay at USB3.