Hasselblad DR

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Maxim

After three years of using the system I think that my H3DII-39 has a wider dynamic range than a human eye. And I don't resemble a single situation when I needed more DR. Am I not alone on this? What are your observations, guys?

Alex

mauro risch

I couldn't agree more.
It makes my analogic life in the 80's look like some other dimension.
www.maurorisch.com
    0430 383 588

Alex Maxim

I agree, Derek. Eye vision is hard to quantify. It's adaptive and seems to apply it's own sort of analogue HDR processing.

But the perception of the scene when you see it in person and when you see the captures on the computer display is quite comparable.

Alex Maxim

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on February 16, 2012, 07:35:43 AM
Quote from: Alex Maxim on February 16, 2012, 05:31:23 AM
But the perception of the scene when you see it in person and when you see the captures on the computer display is quite comparable.

WAIT! If your eye can't see some colors when you make the shot, how can it see them when you view them on screen?

Alex, I think your mind is not seeing them when you make the shot, I don't think it's DR.

;d

Derek, I am talking only about what I can see :)
I mean I don't see any significant difference between what I see with my eyes, DR and color, and what the H camera captures. With other systems I had, it was not the case.

Alex Maxim

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on February 16, 2012, 09:02:44 AM
Quote from: Alex Maxim on February 16, 2012, 08:46:10 AM
With other systems I had, it was not the case.

Now I understand!

;d

You reminded me that I need to be more clear when trying to explain my thoughts. Not my first language, you know.