Where's the custom white in Phocus

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Read

Hi

Despite crashing more than the stock market I am persevering with Phocus, however I came unstuck when I wanted to do a Cusom White Balance.  Am I being a complete muppet 'cause I can't find the f****** button!

MacPro 2.8 quad core, 10 Gb ram OSX 10.5.5 Phocus 1.01 Ixpress 384  Inside Leg 31''

Tim

MurrayLow

Hi Tim,

Try opening the preset dialogue in white balance. I think that contains what you are looking for.

Hope this helps...

Murray.

Tim Read

Thanks Murray, but that I assume is setting a custom grey balance (neutralising the exposure) not a Custom White for correcting the colour when using a wide angle lens.  I perhaps should have done a search before posting as I gave just discovered that Phocus does not have a Custom White facility.  This software just gets better and better!! The only upside that I can see is its supplied free and frankly I'm beginning to see why... its shite!

Tim

froesner

I was told by various sources during Photokina and after, that a custom white option is included in Phocus 1.1 - but again it is overdue.
Should be released "any minute"

Frank

NickT

Yep custom white is in 1.1 along with a bunch of other features. 1.1 has gone to a final candidate version which means it's very very close!
Any day now people!

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

froesner

Hi Nick - any news on the iso bump / new firmware?

Cheers / Frank

NickT

Hey guys I feel your pain. I've heard now news on the public beta of Phocus PC nor on the exposure/ISO bump. I've just fired off an email to the person who will know the answer and will get back to you.
Latest word on 1.1 Mac is end of this week.

Nick-T

NickT

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on October 22, 2008, 03:37:04 PM
Nick,

Are there two programmers working on Phocus - one for PC and one for Mac or is it the same programmer/team?

If it is one programmer/team, how are they dividing their time? Get Mac 1.1 done, then return to Phocus PC beta?

Hi Derek
The short answer is I have no idea :) Sorry about that.

Latest word on Phocus for PC is two weeks, am still trying to find out about the bump.
Nick-T

Eivind Røhne

Quote from: NickT on October 23, 2008, 07:14:18 AM
Latest word on Phocus for PC is two weeks, am still trying to find out about the bump.
Nick-T

Two weeks... Cannot wait to get my hands on it. Got some very moire'ish images that desperately needs some hocus phocus before going to the book publisher...
Cheers,
Eivind Rohne

Web: www.beyondtheice.no