Problem with H3D-31 and tethered shooting

Previous topic - Next topic

Swissblad

Hi fellow 'bladders

We recently made the transition from the V to the H system and acquired a very good used H3D-31.

The camera works fine and is a delight to use - it is a big change from our old 503...!

We're also very impressed by the quality of the HC 80mm - it really is good.

The only problem we have is when shooting tethered via Firewire - the camera crashes after 2 shots, citing Firewire error / restart camera.

I'm using a MacBookPro 17" and am running the latest version of Phocus.

As I recently had the opportunity to test a CFV-50, which worked fine under these conditions, I wonder if you may have a suggestion.... ie is it necessary to upgrade the firmware..?

Thank you for your assistance.

Sinuhe :o

Swissblad

Hi Derek

Apologies for the cross post - it was not to waste your time - but to gain other opinions as suggested by Marc (see his post) - as this forum apparently has a higher frequency of H3D users...

HTH, S.

Swissblad

Problem solved - upgrade to R267 seems to work.
Thanks, S:)

OzzyOz

I have definitely the same problem :( After take a couple of pics with my H3D 31 it says restart the back or sometimes restart the camera :(
Thanx in advance for your helps
Ozgur

yajirobeus

Hey all, I also had this problem and was planning on updating the firmware, but unfortunately before I could the camera gave a error and is now invisible to my computer.  If I plug it into the computer it starts up and beeps like it is connected but it isn't being seen by Phocus 2.5.2 or by the iMac in the system panel.  Anyone know how to force detect the firewire port or know how to update the firmware via the CF card?? Any info would help greatly. Everything works, just can't shoot Tethered.

Phocus 2.5.2
Hasselblad H3D-39 kit with 35mm H Lens

Douglas Fairbank @ Classic V

Put the firmware file for the digital back on the root directory (no where else) of the CF card you use for picture taking. When you start the camera with the firmware file on the card it will be detected and you will be prompted to accept the upgrade, follow the instructions. The firmware file will be deleted automatically at the end of the process.
Owner of Classic V, support for Hasselblad V system cameras. www.classicv.co.uk

yajirobeus

Thanks, I got it to want to update.  However, when it says to connect to a firewire to start the upgrade, the upgrade never starts. I believe its because my camera isn't being detected??? If anyone knows a work around, that would help. But I think I just might send it in because I'm at a wall.  Thanks for everyone's help.