Anyone using the 1.7 converter?

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan Pablo merchan

Hi guys i am using the h4d . I want to parchase the1.7 converger to use in my 80 mm lens but toda i call my dealer in ny butifarra was told that the converter its a pieceof crap , someone had experience with the converter.? Thank you

Juan Pablo merchan

Hi guys i am using the h4d . I want to purchase the1.7 converter to use with  my 80 mm lens but today i called my dealer in ny an i was told that the converter its a piece of crap , someone had experience with the converter.? Thank you

jeff.grant@pobox.com

An answer like that would have me looking for another dealer. I don't think that anything that Hasselblad makes fits that description with the possible exception of the eyepiece.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

Monty Rakusen

I find the converter a very useful piece of kit, its probably not as perfect as using a lens by itself but it has some interesting qualities. The 100 with the 1.7 is particularly beautiful.

Monty

Juan Pablo merchan

Quote from: Jeff on December 02, 2011, 05:59:54 PM
An answer like that would have me looking for another dealer. I don't think that anything that Hasselblad makes fits that description with the possible exception of the eyepiece.

Yes , i thought it was a very poor answer, and a way to try to sell to me a lens instead of a converter, thank you

mauro risch

Hi Pablo,
I love the TC1.7x.
Great piece. Works nicely with the 80mm.
I've used it with the 210mm in the studio and the results were incredible. I just try to keep the f/stop around 8.0 or 11.
I would strongly recommend buying one.
www.maurorisch.com
    0430 383 588

shaun

Hi

With the 80mm I get pin sharp images across the frame. With the 210mm I get soft corners which means I never use it. I also have the tilt shift and get sharp images across the frame with the 210mm. My conclusion therefore is that either the 1.7 is faulty or not great. Hasselblad say it's a stellar performer.

I have just had my 1.7 returned from Hasselblad with a clean bill of health, no errors detected, perhaps i'm asking too much? Best to rent and have a go.

Shaun

HLArt

Hi Guys, I use the 1,7 also, here is one of my first pics with the H3DII-39 + HC300 + 1,7, H3DII-39, HC 300, 1,7Konv, ISO 200, f10,  1/100 free hand (without tripod)
I know it is not one of my best pictures, but any one can see, what die 1,7 can do. the distance was around 200 meters. With the 80, the100, the 150 and the 210 it`s absolut sharp
because this lenses are much more sharper then the 300mm anyway. A H4D-60 with the 210 + 1,7, this combination can be a high flyer.

Kr Herbert

shaun

Hi

From the HLart shot it certainly looks sharp at that size. That would be my experience too. However the problem I have is e.g. a mountain where all is sharp in the middle but gets soft at the edges. By edges I man 20% would have to be cropped. As I said this is not the case with the tilt/shift.

Shaun

desertdiver

Hi Pablo,

using the TC1.7 with HC300, HC210 and HC80 I didn't detect any issues here. IMO this TC is far away from being crap. Highly recommended!

Best regards,
Udo

yajirobeus

I would have to agree with desertdiver, it works great for me and I have also used it with the same lens. ;D

Drchevalier

Hello Pablo,

I use my 1.7x converter with the 300mm regularly and am very pleased with the results.  I have also used it successfully with the 80mm in studio prior to getting the 120mm.  I, like other respondents would propose finding an alternative dealer.  The Hasselblad converter is far from a piece of crap and is in my case at least an integral part of the H arsenal.

Ross