Any sight on the longer exposure firmware update?

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustbak

The 64sec exposure promised with Phocus as a firmware update is there any sight on that? I noticed the stop extra ISO might be coming so hopefully the longer exposure as well. Now, 1 minute is nice but I would be truly happy if it could get to about 15minutes.

I have been toying around today with my 13stops ND and that is an awfull lot of fun but it really starts getting nice after longer exposures than 60sec's. Now this is not something I am making my money with but something I like to toy around with. I am trying to get more time to do things for myself. Haven't had much of that in the last year so I need to recuperate my fun in Photography ;)

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Longer exposures coming was a significant reason in my decision to stick with Hasselblad early last year when I bought my H3D. I'm still waiting. I've bought a film back as my bypass but I really don't want to dig out my old Imacon Flextight.

Right now, I'd settle for Phocus working the same as PS with a 2 monitor setup.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

Dustbak

I will get a H2F (upgrade my H2) since that will enable me to use a HC28 together with my CF backs. Sure I can get myself a film back but I promised not to touch film anymore since I went digital somewhere in '98. I could do it but I know myself good enough that I want a good scanner as well when I start using film again. For that amount of money I can also buy a P21+ on the side. In that case I will probably be getting a V-mount so I can use it on the Digiflex and such.

So come on, indulge us and give us the longer exposure. I am pretty sure the P1+ backs long exposures aren't perfect but they got an hour based on the same sensor! 1 minute should not be asking too much, please surprise us with a bit longer even.

Dustbak

Euh huh...

Which is why I am not a H3D shooter ;) Sure long exposures is not something a lot of people use. It is one of those things if you don't have it you try to find ways to work around it.

Heck, I already mentioned I never need it for any commercial work. There is also the fun of photography, with long exposures you can have a lot of fun. Indeed one of those things that might not be totally necessary but if you have it you will enjoy using it. I would anyway and I am sure more will, there are even people that consider it to be really important. 1 minute has been promised a long time ago (as the 800ISO), it is time that promise gets delivered.

A good thing there is a 50MP and even larger sensor 60MP version soon but I would prefer that some of the R&D resources are set to work at fulfilling those things that have been promised earlier. If I could vote for 10MP more or a 1 stop extra ISO & 1 (or some more) stops extra exposure time I would certainly not have opted for the additional 10MP's (or even 20 but fair is fair that comes with a larger sensor).