Imacon Image Bank Version One Red Light on during download

Previous topic - Next topic

Wick

I believe my 2 foot connector wire is dying as I need to reboot during a shoot from time to time. And my original 15 foot  connector wire failed after it was 3 days old.
But NOW I am hooked up firewire 400 from image bank to computer, as always, fresh battery on the image bank, flexcolor open and reads the fff files, but when I go to download the files from image bank to computer, the image bank beeeeeps and the light turns red. Now the download continues and works, but the sound and color are ominous.
Does anybody have an idea of what is happening and how to fix?
Thanks very much!
Wick Beavers
www.wickbeavers.com
wick at wickbeavers dot com.

grandguru

This may make no difference but will do no harm. Make sure you have the latest Flexcolor (4.8.8 PC, 4.8.12 Mac) and with Flexcolor running already and no battery fitted to the bank hold down the button and connect the firewire. The firmware will be reloaded, messages on screen and a long wait, good luck.

Wick

Hi Grand:

Thanks for the information. I tried this as you suggested and had a couple of problems. But what I did using your great suggestion worked.
So I thank you very very much for replying with this generous advice.

The latest Flexcolor, version 4.8.12, crashes on my computer every time I begin a download from the image bank. Maybe it's time to go to the Intel Mac, but my PPC still cooks and has 4.5 GB of Ram and has never yet failed me, so I see no reason, especially since 4.8.10 works fine. I am happy with CS3 and LR2.7 as well.

At one point a few months ago, I did upload and try out 4.8.12 but then it crashed as well so I canned it and stuck with 4.8.10. Now I remember!
When I tried connecting firewire from bank to computer, nothing happened, so I put the battery in and then held the button down while I plugged it in- fine. It began the slow process of INIT camera and uploading firmware.

Since the whole process was run in 4.8.12 and just lead to crashes, I reverted back to 4.8.10 and rebooted the image bank same way as you describe using the battery in the image bank.

Now it all works just fine again.

Thanks!

Wick

grandguru

I am running a PPC with 10.5.8 and Flexcolor 4.8.12 with no problems. Might be worth your while removing Flexcolor and all the prefs from every dusty corner of your hard drive and installing a fresh version.