Wireless Triggering

Previous topic - Next topic

HughGilbert

Happy new year all...

Has anyone got a wireless trigger for their H camera.. I've seen a device for around 30 GBP at amazon....

Any thoughts on this or any other remote release solutions?

Thank you in advance.

Weather here in London Filfy.. puddles, raw, studio cosy though...

Best to all

Hugh

alexkent

Pocketwizards with the appropriate camera trigger cable.

http://www.pocketwizard.com/support/cable_finder/results/?camera_manuf=1158&camera_model=1166

Expensive, but 'gold standard' reliability.
You can also get cheap no brand camera trigger cables for Pocketwizards on ebay. i have one of these (<£20) for my Canon 5Dmk2 which works fine, YMMV of course.

regards, Alex.

HughGilbert

Hahnel makes a radio trigger.  has cables for the Canon and h'blad all for about 60 quid and it works...

http://www.hahnel.ie/index.cfm?page=dslrremotecontrols&id=64&pId=64

best to all for the new year

Hugh

Monty Rakusen

Hi Hugh

Ive been looking at this but i couldn't figure out which one, so which one is it. Does it work just as well as a cable release? Theres no delay?

Kind regards

A very wet Monty!

HughGilbert

It works on the Canon 5d and later today I'll check the H3... It does work, but I'll see how rapid the response is. 

On the Canon it seems to work well

I have only had a quick play with it, and I think it also runs the auto focus if you want it to (ie, a two stage button) on the H3 too. 

The sender unit is small and palm-able.  the receiver sits in the hot shoe and has a hot shoe on top of it, so you can mount a flash on your camera, though there aren't enough through connectors to make all the auto functions work.

Best Hugh...

It took me three hours to get from West Sussex to my studio in Battersea this morning (via perivale!)... floods, heavy rain, grumpy whippet, and so on...

Monty Rakusen

I did want a wireless trigger but I ended up getting a cable release! I've tested it and for £16 its well made and ergonomically sound. It has a 2m extension too.
I'd highly recommend the Hahnel HRC280

Monty