Phocus 2.5 Software

Previous topic - Next topic

Darryl

Hello, I was directed here through the Facebook Phocus group with a particular problem I am experiencing with Phocus 2.5.4 software running on my Mac. Don't throw sticks at me because I am not a Hasselblad owner yet but I'm always on the look out for exceptional software when it comes to working with my RAW files.

After reading it supported NEF files, I quickly installed the product and began using it, which I found to be quite excellent. Upon processing my files I came up against a bug, as images are clicked within the thumbnail viewer, Phocus quickly applies some tweaks and presents that image in the main window, however, any image that was shot in portrait style, goes completely blank in the main display window, the thumbnail remains visible but the enlarged working version becomes unavailable.

This must be a bug in the software, I'm assuming. Any help or possible technical issue I am not aware of, please inform.

Thank you.

alexkent

which platform are you running, Mac or PC ? and which OS version ?

there were problems with Mac 10.5 and 3rd party RAW file support which are fixed by upgrading to Mac OSX 10.6.

regards,

Alex.

Greg

I'm running Mac 10.6.5, Phocus 2.5.4,  and have no such problems.  Just processed some NEF files and all worked fine.

Greg

Darryl

I'm using OS X 10.5 with Phocus 2.5.4. No option to upgrade, this is the server version of the software. I see there is 2.5.5 out will go try it and see if it's the same result. Thank you.

Darryl

I just installed 2.5.5 of the Phocus software and it's doing the exact same thing. All images shot in portrait style do not show up in the main window after Phocus does it's little tweak. When you initially click on the thumbnail, it shows up in the main window, then Phocus automatically applies it's enhancement and that's when the image goes black, it's fine in the thumbnail view but not in the main view.

Upgrading an operating system is not a software fix, that is not a solution, that would just mean Phocus 2.5 for Mac is only compatible with version 10.6 and up. There has to be a another reason, is there a way to turn off that automated enhancement Phocus applies to an image when it's clicked on.

Darryl

Here are 2 screen shots, I've enhanced the image clicked to show which one has been clicked on.

This is clicking on a thumbnail that is Landscape oriented.

This is clicking on a thumbnail that is Portrait oriented.

alexkent

sadly i think this is a bug in 10.5. no way around it without upgrading to 10.6

regards, Alex.

rem

here also, tried with some nefs and everything works. But 10.5.5. But ist phocus fine for nefs? No shadow, highlight and clarity function... rem

Darryl

Quote from: rem on January 08, 2011, 05:53:01 AM
here also, tried with some nefs and everything works. But 10.5.5. But ist phocus fine for nefs? No shadow, highlight and clarity function... rem

Rem, I'm curious by your comment in regards to saying everything works, and then you have a reference to 10.5.5? Because I run 10.5.8 and not everything works, can you clarify that please, thank you. I have to figure this out now, curious minds want to know,  ;)

Darryl

Just one more reason why I need a Hasselblad,  ;D

rem

ups, sorry Darryl, i have 10.6.5. writing error. But yes, you have now a good reason for a Hassysystem!;-) rem

Darryl

Well that's it, I'm printing out Rem's comment and bringing it to my bank for support for that Hasselblad loan, lol.

rem

better you are looking for a birthday or christmas gift! And don't forget all the lenses and the hts!;-) rem

Darryl

Your not going to be happy till I'm broke, haahahahah

Happy New Year to all, if I find a solution, I'll be sure to update the thread.

rem

:D happy new year to you! rem