HC Macro 4/120

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustbak

I am beginning to understand why Hasselblad made a new 120Macro. It looks like DAC is not always as efficient with the 120 on the H4D60 as I am used to. CA is sometimes roaring its ugly head. Has anyone yet tried the new 120Macro. Is there any info available on how it performs?

pchong

Quote from: Dustbak on December 28, 2010, 09:51:23 PM
I am beginning to understand why Hasselblad made a new 120Macro. It looks like DAC is not always as efficient with the 120 on the H4D60 as I am used to. CA is sometimes roaring its ugly head. Has anyone yet tried the new 120Macro. Is there any info available on how it performs?

Actually i am perfectly happy with the 120...but I am only using a H3D39...I don't see CA...like I used to with Canon L lenses. Can you show some examples of the CA?

Dustbak

No, You are not going to see it as in some 35mm systems. It is also very minimal but I am used to not having ANY CA with my Hasselblad system which makes this stand out even more. I have searched for some examples and pasted them below. These are all 100% crops.

I am also perfectly happy with my 120macro BTW. Certainly on the 39MP system it is perfect. On the 60, I am not yet convinced. At the moment I think the 60 brutally takes every lens to the limit and it just might some are more up to it than others. More shots to follow to see if this was an anomaly. It would be nice to compare the new and old version. I would love to know what Hasselblad actually improved upon in the new one.

Dustbak

Another shot with the 120+52+26+13mm extention rings.

rem

just ordered after Photokina. Today received! Yesterday the new MacbookPro, today the 120erII. Christmas in March;-)
rem

Dustbak

And now the 64K question! Is it really a lot better with close-up images than the version I?

Alex Maxim

I've read that it was designed to improve resolution on the new 200Mpix (advanced 50MS) backs. Probably no significant difference with lower res backs.

rem

I dont know Dustbak, I had the  older version only a very short time an my H4D had a backfokus problem. And when I see all the perfect pictures with the  version I...
But, it feels really heavy and big, more than the 35-90. But yes, the 35-90 have the same weight.
rem

rem

it was a very short pleasure with the new 120/4.0 VII. Lens error ID44.5, 19.1 and 52.1... The shutter hangs in the middle of the lens...
rem

Dustbak

Bummer! It does comply with my theory that most electronics last very long or break down very quickly. I hope you get a new one quickly.

rem

yes, I hope also!;-) My 80mm has already the 3. shutter (not 1year old). The second shutter was working fine, only two speeds (1/15 and 1/8sec was wrong...) And yes, its also my theory!
rem

rem

your shure, Derek?????????????? Hm....
;-)

rem

hm, from me it should be a  :)!
nice weekend to all,
rem

HLArt

HC 120 Macro, ISO 100, f/18 - 5sec

BLASR

Quote from: HLArt on April 05, 2011, 10:41:49 AM