Longer lenses

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennersten

Shooting a lot of nature i sometimes miss something longer than my 130 + 1,7. Are there some viable options with a converter?  There seems to be a HC300, is that good? Is it possible to use it handheld?

Are there any more options?

Wesley P

I was just thinking about this yesterday, would love to see something around 380mm (XCD), which would give us near 300mm FF equivalent. I think hand held without IBS would be difficult but not impossible (depending on the exposure time)....tripod would be recommended.

Cheers
Wes

onasj

Would definitely welcome a 280ish/4 XCD prime with 1.7xTC compatibility.

JCM-Photos

The X system is definitely not a system for nature, lenses too slow, no continuous AF, no fast serial shooting.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Dennersten

Quote from: JCM-Photos on October 03, 2020, 11:50:11 PM
The X system is definitely not a system for nature, lenses too slow, no continuous AF, no fast serial shooting.

True, but some pictures should still be possible. Like bigger birds: Stork, Cranes and bird of prey which we do have many in the area. It's also possible to get pretty close to dears and roe deers.

Would still be in line to buy a 300 if it could be used handheld.

spb-ch

Quote from: Dennersten on October 04, 2020, 07:11:32 PM
Quote from: JCM-Photos on October 03, 2020, 11:50:11 PM
if it could be used handheld.

That being the big IF.  8)