Cataloging

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roadnight

Phocus allows you to keyword .fff files?

You can use Phocus to search by keyword within a folder?

If you take thousands of landscapes on a trip, and you want to keep the files small and keyword them for possible use and later processing, and be able to search by keyword across several folders, how do you do it?

Does Expression Media work with .fff files?

As Expression Media is owned by Phase, will my Hasselblad kit cease to function if I install it?
H4D-60, 50-100mm, 300mm, CF, Flexbody, P3

HughGilbert

Expression media owned by Phase...Really, I thought that Microsoft owned it.  The guys who built what was a lovely bit of software worked around the corner from me in Battersea in London, it was then called iView Media.  Their work grew out of cataloguing systems built for the BBC.  Then about five years ago they moved to the US, and gradually the software has been falling behind the developments of SW like Lightroom. 

It does see fffs and is useful for that.  I am gradually shifting across to Lightroom, and still use Expression media because it can see the hasselblad files.

If lightroom could just see the fff files I would port across entirely.

ALl best

Hugh

Dick Roadnight

Quote from: HughGilbert on October 26, 2010, 11:06:13 PM
Expression media owned by Phase...Really, I thought that Microsoft owned it.  The guys who built what was a lovely bit of software worked around the corner from me in Battersea in London, it was then called iView Media.  Their work grew out of cataloguing systems built for the BBC.  Then about five years ago they moved to the US, and gradually the software has been falling behind the developments of SW like Lightroom. 

It does see fffs and is useful for that.  I am gradually shifting across to Lightroom, and still use Expression media because it can see the hasselblad files.

If lightroom could just see the fff files I would port across entirely.

ALl best

Hugh
...Thank you.

I think, then, for my purposes of cataloging compressed .fff files for possible future use Expression media is the way to go.

If Phocus could filter on keyword from more than one folder, that would solve the problem.
H4D-60, 50-100mm, 300mm, CF, Flexbody, P3