H3dii mirror got stuck - can you see camera faults in phocus?

Previous topic - Next topic

ckraus

I was out of the country and when I was taking pictures the mirror got stuck in the up position.  I tried to take several pictures to see if it would return to the down position but not luck.  So I turned it off and removed the battery, the mirror went down and I restarted. 

Is this a common problem, does phocus tell you if the camera is faulting?

thanks
chris

Dustbak

I have had the same or a similar issue with my H2. Mirror drive mechanism broke down. My body needed to go on a holiday to Denmark.

mharvey65

Sounds like you accidentally pressed the mirror up button... ;)

Turning the camera off and removing the battery would re-set this situation.

hth,

m./
Hasselblad H4D50-ms
Hasselblad H3D-39 mk2
Phocus 2.6.5
iMac 27" 2012
OSx 10.7.2

Dustbak

Ah.. I didn't see the mirror came down again. Mine did not :)

Yep, this sounds like accidentally flipping the mirror up.

ckraus

Thanks, I guess a double click of the self timer button would turn on MUP.  I will have to see if happens again and watch to see if I end up hitting the button when lifting the camera up to my face.

thanks,
chris

Dustbak

Yes, click twice fast in succession it will flip up the mirror, press the release button and the body starts countdown. No need to turn it off to get the mirror down :) I have actually made the user button the MUP button and the AE-Lock button is my AF button. This way you do'nt have to use your "japanese' fingers to find the MUP button in the front but can just press the user button when you accidentally flip up the mirror.