Phocus hanging on Mac with PS5

Previous topic - Next topic

fred@steinphoto.com

I cannot yet isolate the issue, but on 2 identical MacPros with plenty of memory (8 gb), Phocus running in the background is hanging up.  Sometimes I can force quit Phocus and get the computers working again and sometimes I have to hard restart.  We noticed this issue at the same time we upgraded to Photoshop 5 and Phocus 2.5.  Dropping back to Phocus 2.0.1 has not helped.  Anyone else seeing similar problems?  This is occurring several times a day as we work and prior to these upgrades Phocus ran very reliably on these machines (2x 2.8 ghz Quad Core Intels).  Thanks.  fred

NickT

Hi Fred
I'm running a very similar setup, dual quad 2.8 12 gig Ram, CS5 and Phocus 2.5 and not getting any hangs.. I'd be sending crash reports to your dealer.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

alexkent

hi

i can only second Nick T,
i've been running Photoshop CS5 and Phocus 2.5 since they were both in early beta and haven't seen any fighting between the two (except that i now need more RAM !).

has there been any other change to the machines ? anti-virus install, esoteric external hardware, something else ?

alex.

fred@steinphoto.com

No other changes except the move to Photoshop 5 & Phocus 2.5 (also hangs up on 2 machines with Phocus 2.0.1).  Crash reports have gone to Hasselblad in Denmark but no response from them yet.  Thanks.  fred

rem

Also with PS3! In the last days I had the same problem and I had to switch off the mac several times with the powerswitch. Everything was freezed! So I think it has nothing to do with PS...

Power Mac 8Core, latest model, 12GB ram, 10.6.4

alexkent

many reports say 10.6.4 has introduced a number of OpenGL bugs which may well be triggered by Phocus. they seem to affect NVidia graphics card worse than ATI.

i'm running Phocus 2.5 and Photoshop 11.0.1 (CS5) on a current model Macpro with an ATi Radeon HD 4870 and Mac OSX 10.6.4, and still have yet to see the crashes you guys are running in to.

alex

Dustbak

I had the same thing. Disable 'OpenGL Drawing' in PSCS5 preferences will probably do the trick.