Phocus 2.6 crashs always

Previous topic - Next topic

rem

Hi, I run 2.6 on my MacPro 2x2.66 quad core and 12gb ram. Mac OSX 10.6.6 with the GT 120 Card. In the last days Phocus is not workable. Every few pics Phocus chrashs. Sometimes the centerpic shows some colorfull artifacts, while the small preview in the zoom looks normal... Any idea? I setup Phocus 2x new. The last version from 2.5. was very stable and was a dream to work.
How runs 2.6 on your systems?
Thanks and have a nice weekend!
rem

TareqPhoto

You are lucky, my Phocus doesn't work at all as it closes or crashes even before it opens

alexkent

Quote from: TareqPhoto on March 20, 2011, 07:53:27 AM
You are lucky, my Phocus doesn't work at all as it closes or crashes even before it opens

Tareq, if you are on Mac, i suggest you try trashing the application preferences.

home folder > Library > Preferences > dk.hasselblad.phocus.plist

alexkent

Quote from: rem on March 20, 2011, 04:51:52 AM
In the last days Phocus is not workable. Every few pics Phocus chrashs. Sometimes the centerpic shows some colorfull artifacts

hi Rem,

this sounds like a problem with your graphics card, possibly hardware related.
do you see visual corruption in any other programs on you Mac ?  (other programs which are GPU heavy might trigger this; 3d apps, apple Aperture, even Safari)

has Phocus 2.6 behaved like this from the minute you installed it, or has it only started doing this in the last few days ?

personally i run Phocus 2.6 on a 2009 8core Macpro and a 2006 Macbookpro... both with no problems.
alex.

rem

Alex, no the first days it was working so far good. And yes, on my old MBPro it works fine (the new one should arrive on monday;-). No, I cant see any failures in other software. I think also, that the color "artifacts" are coming from the graphic card, but I was not shure for the crashes. Time for a better Graphiccard...?

Tareq, I hope that Alex' tips help you. Will try it also!

lg, rem

rem

Hi, now I need really help! I changed my graphic-card  from the GT120 to another GT 120 and now to the recommended ATI 5770. Same problem, crash! I deleted the Phocus preference dk.hasselblad..., same problem. I installed 2.5.2, same problem. What can I do? Anytime I try to change something in Phocus, bye-bye. It works fine on my both MacBookPro's, the newest and an older one...

A few days ago, somtimes comes a warning: "you have not enough ram, close other applications and try again". Again, I have 12gb Ram (and I had no other programs open).

Any inputs? Thanks so much! rem

Tareq, could you solve your problem?

rem

just to inform for maybe other that have a problem with Phocus. I received help today from Hasselblad and it was very simple: Phocus was starting on my system in 32bit mode but is a 64bit application. I had only to uncheck the 32 mode window. It works now wonderful! Thank you Peder from Hasselblad!
rem

TareqPhoto

Too bad i am using Mac Mini and no Mac Pro yet, on my Mac Mini i have 3 accounts, one was my main until it was corrupted and then fixed again, the store installed another account for me, so that second one became my main system, but the problem i don't know why my second system got many errors, the main error that bugging me a lot is that Phocus is always terminated even before it is opened, so i have to go to the first old OSX to open Phocus, i really don't know what happened, but anyone here faced a problem with Phocus to be closed or terminated before it log in the program? Is there any fix for that? I installed different version from 2.5 up to 2.6 and all have the same problem, even i installed Phocus Quick and same problem, i didn't test all the programs/applications to see if i have same problem with others, but i really care about my Phocus to work again fine on my second main OSX[account] than logoff always to my first OSX [another account].