Flash with the 907X

Previous topic - Next topic

fotomuerz

How do you do that?
I have a hot shoe with a cable that I attach to the ViewFinder mount. The flash will then operate in manual mode. But it's not ideal because the flash adapter doesn't sit well in the ViewFinder's mounting shoe.

mikaelo67

Im using an L bracket that is Arca Swiss compatible. I attach an arca Swiss Cold shoe mount on it and then my flash controller on that.

The DAL-1 L bracket and the flash mount can be found at Amazon and Ebay for basically nothing.

fotomuerz

Very interesting, thanks!

Simon Bran

Hi mikaelo67,
out of intrest who is the manufacter of the L bracket you use? I looked on ebay and all the L brackets I could see only had one slot in the base, not three as shown in your second photo. The reason I ask is that I use the x-h converter with a tripod collar and i'm not sure if there is enough clearence if you use the center slot on the base to attach it, but using the front slot should not be a problem.
Simon.

Simon Bran

Hi Mikael,
thank you, i'm in the uk and its not a brand that came up in my searches
Simon

mikaelo67

One of the links was Amazon in UK.

rollsman

It would nice to use the L bracket and cold shoe but if you need to use a speedlight sometimes it needs to be mounted above the camera and not on the side
Any suggestions?  I dont want to get the Hassy X1D2. My interest is in the 907X    Thanks Dennis
Dennis mansour

rollsman

Custom Brackets Rapid Fire PRO Flash-Rotating Bracket with RC2 Quick Release Clamp.
  Will This work with the 907X and 50ii Back and still use Flash
Dennis mansour

mikaelo67

With the view finder adapter you will get the flash on top. And if you use the JJC hot shoe adapter connected with a cable you have the solution that you are looking for.

JCM-Photos

The viewfinder adapter is not a real normalized  cold shoe and should not be used as that (says hasselblad in the manual)

Mounting a cold shoe accessory on the viewfinder adapter may work more or less good or not at all depending on the accessory.

The easiest way is to do it with a third party hot shoe with cable connector mounted on top of a L-bracket
Sharpen your eyes not your files

maxnardi

Hi, all.
I'm a very happy owner of a H6D system and a 907x... I can't be more disappointed by the lack of cold shoe on this one (working in studio with strobe triggers what a pain!
I tried the L bracket way but it's awkward and completely spoils the beauty of the 907x so I came with this solution (see the image).

I've received the ok of Italian H representatives so I'm starting to produce them.
It's made Hight-Temp CF German made Polymer with an aluminium cold shoe that guarantee stiffness and heat temp resistance up to 115C.
It fits perfectly in the 907x nameplate "pocket" and has the side benefit of protecting the digital back release button (too exposed for casual trips with the hanging camera risk of accidental release):

If you're interested contact me.(it would be very soon sold online so if someone is interested I would paste the link)
P.S. it's made in Italy.

fotomuerz

Yes, I would be interested. However, I use the basic arm of the attachable viewfinder and it works quite well. Maybe you can explain the difference there briefly.

JCM-Photos

The viewfinder shoe isn't really ISO flash shoe compliant.

That's why Hasselblad makes a disclaimer for cold shoe usage,
and why it doesn't slide very well with flash accessories.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

maxnardi

Quote from: fotomuerz on May 17, 2023, 04:25:36 AM
Yes, I would be interested. However, I use the basic arm of the attachable viewfinder and it works quite well. Maybe you can explain the difference there briefly.
Hi, i tried using the viewfinder arm but it's not ideal and "forbidden" by Hasselblad to mount hot shoes accessories on the viewfinder mount.
I can certainly point that most triggers (Broncolor, Profoto and Good triggers for sure are not able to slide out if inserted due to the central pin being caught by the indentation on the viewfinder bracket "cold shoe" (I had myself to completely dismantle a Broncolor RFS 2 trigger to release him once)
I don't know if the all metal construction can transfer electricityy from the flash pin to the camera body if something goes wrong but for sure there is no electrical isolation using the viewfinder shoe.
My shoe construction has an aluminium shoe and a tech polymer body that guarantee isolation, is more compact than the viewfinder attachment adding only around 11mm to the camera height so the camera is easy to store as a naked one even without detaching components. It's for sure more easy to work around with my attachment than the hard edged, protruding viewfinder bracket.. and it shield the release button letting half of it accessible if YOU WANT to release the back (it covers around half the circle so it's nearly impossible it get caught for accident in the belt/pocket or anything else when the camera hangs from the strap.

Hope helped but let me know if you need ore infos. you would find the infos here as soon as I finalize the production.
https://artworklab.it

You can buy now this here:
https://artworklab.it/prodotto/hasselblad-907x-cold-shoe/