What the .. is that?

Previous topic - Next topic

Iskander

Shuttermuse

I can't wait for the Hasselblad boys club to comment and say they don't see the similarities at all.

And then downvote my karma and act all righteous and pompous like they usually do.

When I said their is a clear similarly to materials and industrial design of the battery dock and a DJI dock they all could not see the similarities

If I can use my XCD lenses and it offers some advantages or features that my X1D bodies does not offer then why would I not buy one?

hcubell

"When I said their is a clear similarly to materials and industrial design of the battery dock and a DJI dock they all could not see the similarities."

Who cares if it's made in China? It's apparently very well made. So is my iPhone.

Shuttermuse

BillW

Very interesting. I guess dji can do what they want since they own Hasselblad. If there were any savings by having them built in China, my president will tariff the crap out of them so I will take the Swedish version. Just wonder if future models will be made in China...Hope not...!
Thanks
Bill

hcubell

Quote from: Shuttermuse on August 04, 2019, 07:48:06 AM
You mad bro?  :P

Me? You are asking me if I am mad? Strange question coming from the poster who is the king of negative karma and sets the standard for angry commentary.

Iskander

Result after editing. Have a look at the bottom of the screen.

X2D?

bdp

The sensor looks slightly bigger in the front on pics. Maybe it is the X2D.

flash

Patents don't always mean a product will appear. It might. It might not.

1. Most likely. Many cloned products appear in Asia and some countries have a less than rigorous attitude to patents from the west being upheld. DJI is a huge Asian company making a patent in Asia. It may be to stop other Asian manufacturers from cloning the X1D. They may be protecting their investment in HB. It is even possible HB requested this and it would make sense for their investors to want to protect that investment. It would be interesting to find out if HB has a design patent in China for the X1D series.

2. They may be entering a manufacturing agreement for a cheaper made version or a market based distribution agreement. Fiji and Hasselblad did this with the XPan. Ziess and Leica are doing it with the new Zeiss camera. Minolta and Leica did it with the original CL. It's happened dozens of times in the past.

I can think of a few more. All speculation, like the above. Until I see a camera appear my mind is open to various possibilities.

Gordon

NickT

Quote from: hcubell on August 04, 2019, 07:37:00 AM

Who cares if it's made in China? It's apparently very well made. So is my iPhone.

The X1Ds are made in China.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

hcubell

Quote from: NickT on August 06, 2019, 06:52:55 PM

Hi, Nick. My understanding from everything I had read was that the X1D was "made" in Sweden. I recall seeing a video by DP Review showing the manufacturing taking place in Sweden. If that changed with the X1D II, it would explain the very significant price drop.
This so called Chinese patent application is weird. I wouldn't think it is typical for camera manufacturers to file publicly available patent applications for their cameras prior to announcing them.

michael123

Quote from: NickT on August 06, 2019, 06:52:55 PM

Supposed to be handmade in Sweden

BillW

My X1D clearly says "Made in Sweden" and all the lens say made in Japan. FWIW
Thanks
Bill

strohscw

Wherever it is made, as long as the quality is ok it´s ok for me.
And if it means that the price is even lower, well even better.
Greetings
Wolfram