New battery for X1D - better and cheaper :)

Previous topic - Next topic

michael123

Hi

FYI

Toward our trip to Tuscany I wanted to order an extra battery. But B&H did not ship internationally due to regulations, and Adorama did not have in stock (i.e. they marked it like it is in stock, but after the order they wrote it is not).. Anyway I turned over to Hasselblad to ship it directly to our hotel.

To my surprise, I got a notice from customer service that the battery is discontinued, and there is a new one instead

High Capacity Li-ion Rechargeable Battery (for X System)
SKU: CP.HB.00000238.01
Capacity: 3400 mAh
Voltage: 7.27 V
Battery Type: Li-ion
Energy: 24.7 Wh
Price: EUR 95 (including VAT)

It's 95 EUR, 20 EUR cheaper than the original one with higher capacity.

BillW

Quote from: michael123 on August 02, 2018, 05:39:07 AM
Hi

FYI

Toward our trip to Tuscany I wanted to order an extra battery. But B&H did not ship internationally due to regulations, and Adorama did not have in stock (i.e. they marked it like it is in stock, but after the order they wrote it is not).. Anyway I turned over to Hasselblad to ship it directly to our hotel.

To my surprise, I got a notice from customer service that the battery is discontinued, and there is a new one instead

High Capacity Li-ion Rechargeable Battery (for X System)
SKU: CP.HB.00000238.01
Capacity: 3400 mAh
Voltage: 7.27 V
Battery Type: Li-ion
Energy: 24.7 Wh
Price: EUR 95 (including VAT)

It's 95 EUR, 20 EUR cheaper than the original one with higher capacity.

Thanks good to know. I bought my spare battery off eBay fairly reasonable at $75. It was the only I had seen at the time for sale.
Thanks
Bill

Chriscove

Interesting, slightly more power, 3400 verses 3200 mAh. I don't see it listed in the US Hasselblad store.

JoeC

Looks like they're available in Europe. Here's an ad from Robert White (UK):

Maybe we'll see them in the US soon.

Joe

michael123

Quote from: JoeC on August 03, 2018, 12:13:39 PM
Looks like they're available in Europe. Here's an ad from Robert White (UK)

but strangely more expensive than the list price  :o
Order directly from Hasselblad if you need one

sepiareverb

Quote from: michael123 on August 02, 2018, 05:39:07 AM
...Adorama did not have in stock (i.e. they marked it like it is in stock, but after the order they wrote it is not)..

Typical Adorama tactic. This is why I will not order from them.

jjaviervi

This is good news! It's 6% more capacity but its better than nothing. It would be interesting to know if they made other technical changes to it.

Now we need a faster charger. The current one takes forever to charge.

ceoofhell

JoeC

Samy's shows it as "In stock" but I can't seem to get through the cart payment process.  >:(

Joe

BillW

Neither B&H or Hasselblad USA show them to be in stock. They still show the older version of the battery.
Thanks
Bill

Chriscove

Quote from: JoeC on August 14, 2018, 10:54:09 AM
Samy's shows it as "In stock" but I can't seem to get through the cart payment process.  >:(

Joe

I was able to order one via Samy's. I am curious to know if there are any reports out there on whether it is a better performer.

Chris

braver

I've just confirmed Samy's had 7 in their LA warehouse and I ordered 3.  4 left up for grabs!:)

Update: they shipped in an hour via next day air!  Love our American, Californian industriousness.:)

Mellan Wilde

Quote from: BillW on August 15, 2018, 01:48:02 AM
Neither B&H or Hasselblad USA show them to be in stock. They still show the older version of the battery.

New has come for the US. :)
https://store.hasselblad.com/products/high-capacity-battery?from=accessories

tcdeveau

Quote from: Mellan Wilde on August 16, 2018, 01:26:09 PM
Quote from: BillW on August 15, 2018, 01:48:02 AM

New has come for the US. :)
https://store.hasselblad.com/products/high-capacity-battery?from=accessories

That's good news. I personally would probably be more excited about it if I didn't already have 5 of the existing batteries. Oh well. Higher capacity batteries at a lower price point certainly is a good thing for the system in general.

michael123

Today we put the fully charged new batttery into X1D and it didn't power up!
Went back to older battery - no problem

:o