Shoulder bag for V-series

Previous topic - Next topic

Troz

Hi.

I carry my full V-series kit with backs, lenses, filters and so forth in a large Lowepro backpack which is way too big for a day spent touring a foreign city on foot.

Can anyone recommend a shoulder bag that would fit a V-series camera with CF60 lens, and a couple of spare lenses?

Thanks.

Bashir Lunat

Quote from: Troz on January 27, 2018, 03:13:49 PM
Hi.

I carry my full V-series kit with backs, lenses, filters and so forth in a large Lowepro backpack which is way too big for a day spent touring a foreign city on foot.

Can anyone recommend a shoulder bag that would fit a V-series camera with CF60 lens, and a couple of spare lenses?

Thanks.

I would take A wide angle and a short tele lens to keep it light.

Hassilistic

Quote from: Troz on January 27, 2018, 03:13:49 PM
Hi.

Thanks.
I agree with Bashir... How many lenses are you carrying?
Either way, I would suggest you have a look at Campagnon Bags http://www.linhofstudio.com/knowledgebank/lsl-laptop-screen-shades/compagnon-camera-bags/

The reason being is they are not just fantastically designed but also a great traveling medium, for there are 2 things you need to worry about when traveling abroad:
1- Do not check-in your bag.
2- Get insurance for all your gear, and keep a list of the serial numbers and description for customs at arrival.

Good luck

sog1927

Hasselblad used to sell shoulder bags especially designed to carry various V series outfits. The 515 is the smallest of these, and will carry a body with up to 150mm (I think) lens, an extra magazine, and a second lens. The 580 (a/k/a the "Reporter") will carry a somewhat larger outfit (multiple bodies, lenses, etc. You can often find these on Ebay. I find the (non-removable) straps on these older bags to be pretty uncomfortable when the bag is heavily loaded, but your experience may be different. The one really nice feature of these bags is that the bodies are secured in the bag by the quick-release shoe.

In later years, they sold a rebadged Tenba bag as well (blue nylon, with standard compartment dividers and external magazine pockets).

Tangomaniac

When taking a hike with a V-camera, and two or three lenses, I'm using a Lowepro Toploader Pro 75 AW II.
One V-body with digital back and 30mm to 150mm lens mounted fits easily. (A 180mm just fits, if I remember it right.)
You can mount a lens case at the left of the camera-bag, e.g. the S&F Lens Exchange Case 200 AW, which fits up to a 250mm lens. Or you fit the smaller 100 AW or any other cheap lens case with a comparable fixation strip like the LowePro lens cases.
On the right side of the Pro75AW is a very stretchable mesh, where you can fit a lens of up to 150mm. (This lens is then not well protected, but I had never a problem because of this. - In this way you have a bag with two or three lenses - perfect for my needs when hiking. (I only mount the lens bag, when using three lenses.)
And you have different options to wear the Pro 75AW, because there is the really nice S&F technical belt or even the technical harness. - Very nice for longer hikes. You can make day-long trips without problems.