V Lens on X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

Spo

I believe there are adapters out there, anyone any experience with them?

satijntje

Michael H. Cothran

I have a Kipon V adapter for my X1D (labeled as a Hass to X1D). I have two V lenses currently - a Zeiss CF 135mm/f5.6 Makro Planar, mounted to a Zeiss auto bellows, which then couples to the adapter. My other V lens is a Zeiss CF 250mm/f5.6 Sonnar. The images produced are the same high quality that you would expect from these lenses on a V body.  You can use any of the old V lenses with the adapter - C, CT*, CF, CFE, and CFi.

Of course, you realize that you lose all contact between camera and lens, both mechanical and electronic. To use the X1D with V lenses, you need to activate the Electronic shutter in the camera, then set the lens to your shooting aperture before making an exposure. Focus peaking is still active, and you can meter by adjusting the shutter speed while watching the exposure scale in the lower left corner of the EVF or rear screen.

For me, the V lenses offer the X1D photographer some very much needed telephoto focal lengths.

jerome_m

One could stack the official adapters from Hasselblad: CF adapter from V to H mount and then H to XD mount adapter. Have people tried that?

Spo

Thanks for your replies, looks worth pursuing. Unfortunately in the UK just now tracking one of these adapters down is proving difficult.

Michael H. Cothran

Question about the Fotodiox -
Does the tripod mount rotate for vertical shots?

BradP

I just bought the 250mm on EBay before prices go up!   

satijntje

Here is my set up with the latest version of the 250mm lens

sog1927

Or, for the borderline insane ( ;)), x1d+fotodiox adapter+mutar 2x+500mm Apotessar:

sog1927

X1D + Fotodiox adapter + bellows (~100mm extension) + 250mm CF: