GodoxTriggers and the X1D

Previous topic - Next topic

pflower

Has anyone any experience of any of the Godox triggers and the X1D?  I am thinking of upgrading my flash (at present an assortment of speed lights) to either the Godox AD200 or possibly the 360 plus various soft boxes etc. - for what I do the 600 seems overkill.  I will use it mostly for environmental portraits and some still lives.  In theory the Godox triggers for the Nikon system ought to work - my present system is ridiculously cheap - a Youngnuo  trigger plus speed lights which works fine.  But before splashing out money I would like to reassure myself that the Godox route will actually work with the X1D.

I am not interest in TTL - only manual settings and will probably need 3 flash units.

Anyone with anything to say?

Thanks

PhotoKratky

Quote from: pflower on January 11, 2018, 08:02:54 AMI am not interest in TTL - only manual settings and will probably need 3 flash units.

I don't have a X1D but I use a Godox trigger (the Canon version of the X-pro) and receivers for my H5D-50c. You can still adjust the power on your Godox flash units remotely and trigger them via the hotshoe in manual mode. If they flashes themselves are fast enough (t0.1) they sync right down to 1/800s.

ferrantejohn

I use the Godox R2 triggers with my X1D on a daily basis without issue.  HSS with native lenses at 2000/s works perfectly.  Also adapted H lenses sync without issue as well.  They are the exact same trigger that Broncolor uses.  So everything works great. 

flash

I bought the Godox X1N trigger for my X1D and D200's. Doesn't work in TTL at all but manual is fine.

Maybe HB will improve compatibility for TTL in a later f.w. update.

Gordon

pflower

Thanks

Just to be clear, does the X1N trigger allow you to adjust the intensity of the flashes or do you have to adjust each one manually?

Quote from: flash on January 13, 2018, 11:27:59 AM
I bought the Godox X1N trigger for my X1D and D200's. Doesn't work in TTL at all but manual is fine.

Maybe HB will improve compatibility for TTL in a later f.w. update.

Gordon

tkhalloran

I have the X1N and it does allow you to change the intensity of the flashes.  I don't use any TTL and adjust the individual levels of the Godox flashes I am using.  There is a new Godox XProN that you may like .  I don't actually like the user interface on the X1N much,

Chriscove

I have a Flashpoint (Adorama rebranded Godox) mini zoom flash with a built in R2 radiotransciever for Nikon. The X1D fires the flash TTL on camera and will fire my AD200 in manual mode but will not fire by Explorer AD 600 at all. The R2 clearly is communicating with the AD600 because I can change the settings on the AD600 but when I hit the shutter no response. I will see if a firmware update helps it%

OleBe

Dear all,

I have got 2x Godox AD600 + XPro Trigger Nikon Version. Flash is communicating with the trigger, shows camera Icon, but not firing TTL. Manual mode however works perfect up to 1/2000 sec with now issues at all.

Hoping for a trigger firmware update. Have been in contact with Hasselblad and they told me after rechecking with software devs in Sweden, that it is not the firmware of the camera which is causing the trigger to not fire TTL.

Kind regards

Ole

Chriscove

I cannot get my AD600 to fire even manually. Which firmware does your Ad600 have?

OleBe

Have installed the lastest firmware available at godox.com both for the flash and trigger.

I think it is possible to install the godox firmware on the flashpoint flashes. Maybe you can try this?

Chriscove

Thanks that is my next try but I have to find a windows computer to do it on.

Chris

PhotoKratky

Quote from: Chriscove on March 07, 2018, 10:26:06 AM
Thanks that is my next try but I have to find a windows computer to do it on.

No, you don't actually  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SG1QpxnJxo

Chriscove

Thanks I am giving it a try and will let you know!!

Chriscove

Just a follow-up. I updated the firmware on the AD600 and all is well. It fires in mauls only but that is all I need. It is great because I can use the Godox with my Sony's and the Hassy!!

rweissman

I just tried the newer X2(N) trigger on an X1Dii firing a Flashpoint equivalent of the Godox V1. Like others reported two years ago, it fires in manual mode and one can change the flash settings from the remote, but does not fire in TTL mode.  The Profoto Connect (Nikon version) works without incident on the A1 family of flashes in TTL, so that is one remote solution that works.  The new Westcott J1 strobe and multi-vendor trigger also works in TTL mode.  Does anyone know if Godox has plans to fix their firmware so that it is fully Hasselblad compatible?