Author Topic: GodoxTriggers and the X1D  (Read 413 times)

Offline pflower

GodoxTriggers and the X1D
« on: January 11, 2018, 08:02:54 AM »
Has anyone any experience of any of the Godox triggers and the X1D?  I am thinking of upgrading my flash (at present an assortment of speed lights) to either the Godox AD200 or possibly the 360 plus various soft boxes etc. - for what I do the 600 seems overkill.  I will use it mostly for environmental portraits and some still lives.  In theory the Godox triggers for the Nikon system ought to work - my present system is ridiculously cheap - a Youngnuo  trigger plus speed lights which works fine.  But before splashing out money I would like to reassure myself that the Godox route will actually work with the X1D.

I am not interest in TTL - only manual settings and will probably need 3 flash units.

Anyone with anything to say?

Thanks

Offline PhotoKratky

Re: GodoxTriggers and the X1D
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 06:05:50 AM »
I am not interest in TTL - only manual settings and will probably need 3 flash units.

I don't have a X1D but I use a Godox trigger (the Canon version of the X-pro) and receivers for my H5D-50c. You can still adjust the power on your Godox flash units remotely and trigger them via the hotshoe in manual mode. If they flashes themselves are fast enough (t0.1) they sync right down to 1/800s.

Offline ferrantejohn

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 05:21:39 AM »
I use the Godox R2 triggers with my X1D on a daily basis without issue.  HSS with native lenses at 2000/s works perfectly.  Also adapted H lenses sync without issue as well.  They are the exact same trigger that Broncolor uses.  So everything works great. 

Offline flash

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 11:27:59 AM »
I bought the Godox X1N trigger for my X1D and D200's. Doesn't work in TTL at all but manual is fine.

Maybe HB will improve compatibility for TTL in a later f.w. update.

Gordon

Offline pflower

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2018, 01:49:34 AM »
Thanks

Just to be clear, does the X1N trigger allow you to adjust the intensity of the flashes or do you have to adjust each one manually?

I bought the Godox X1N trigger for my X1D and D200's. Doesn't work in TTL at all but manual is fine.

Maybe HB will improve compatibility for TTL in a later f.w. update.

Gordon