Is there a practical Tilt/Shift solution?

Previous topic - Next topic

solagraphy

Really dont mean for this to be my first post on the forum but the thread piqued my interests too much.

I've heard good things on the HTS with the X2D with the right adapters, a setup I would love to get one day but am in no rush to acquire.

What I do for my current tilt shift fix is an adapter on the X2D for my V Series lenses. Went with Kipon's as they seemed to have more option for rotation than some of the others that I could find. Not perfect, but I'll take what I can get.
12 degrees of tilt and 15mm of shift in theory, but vignetting happens on most my lenses usually past 10mm of horizontal shift in landscape or past 8mm of tilt in portrait.

Between most often the 80mm CF and 250mm Superachromat I have quite a bit of fun with the setup. Electronic shutter is a pain point however I usually manage to make do. 16 bit is preferred but sometimes the 14 bit readout speed is much needed in lieu of a shutter.

Andy Miller Photo UK

Two solutions that work for me:
a) HTS, XH adapter or converter and various H lenses
b) Cambo Actus View Camera and Actus lenses
Both provide far better results than adapting a Nikon PC-E lens all have a too small image circle (except the 19mm)

doc steel

Quote from: Andy Miller Photo UK on April 13, 2023, 11:45:12 PM
Both provide far better results than adapting a Nikon PC-E lens all have a too small image circle (except the 19mm)
Which PC-Nikkor lenses did you use except the 19mm?
All PC-Nikkors have an image circle diameter that, when fully utilized, corresponds to a lens that is roughly two stops shorter in focal length, i.e
PC 35mm > 24mm
PC 28mm > 20mm
etc.
If you now use such a lens with an adapter on the X1/2D, the adjustment options are of course less.
In any case, you get a wide angle with a bit of T/S capability at an unbeatable price of around €500 (Kipon adapter €170, PC-Nikkor 28/3.5 used in condition B+ €330).

pdprinter

I am trying to read up on options for (tilt) shift. As far I could gather Nikon F mount is quite small so it may limit the available image circle of F mount lenses (Nikon Z is significant larger but flange distance makes it impossible to adapt to XCD mount). Recent Canon EF mount lenses apparently only use in camera aperture control. There is a Laowa https://www.venuslens.net/product/laowa-20mm-f-4-zero-d-shift/ lens which works on Fuji GFX and should there work with the Canon EF or Nikon R adapter on Hasselblad. It is only shift which would make sense as tilt with extreme wide angle lenses are not so necessary. Lenses which give 11mm rise on 24x36 should allow 8mm rise on 44x33. It is quite long. Here is a review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsMJomc3EQw Keith Cooper is quite into shift lenses!