Author Topic: iPad Pro and the X1D  (Read 567 times)

Offline davidthescot

iPad Pro and the X1D
« on: January 10, 2018, 06:37:46 AM »
For many years I struggled with laptops, cables and extension cables, secondary monitors and power leads all to enable me to shoot tethered. Having now moved to an IPad and wifi I wondered why I ever needed to tether in the first place.  Well the first reason might be to be able to edit immediately but I never do.  The second reason might be to show a subject or an editor the work in progress but that is easier with the iPad.

I don't know what you all think but I have found the combination of wifi (without a network so it could be anywhere) and an iPad to be perfect for me and the new wifi enabled cmos cameras (H6 and X1D). 

I can check composition, critical focus and the look of the image and make changes right away whilst walking around the camera and subject without tripping over wires.

You are all probably already immersed in this and forgive me (a bit of a luddite) for a late arrival but for those who are not already connected up this way give it a try.

Offline NickT

• Administrator
Re: iPad Pro and the X1D
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 10:35:38 AM »
Thanks David for such an informative post. I don't think you are a luddite at all and I'm sure you will get people thinking.

Cheers Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

www.nick-t.com

Offline Hassilistic

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 08:08:20 PM »
Absolutely, see you already made me think what in God's name is a Luddite... LOL!

A couple of months back, I purchased the iPad Pro for that purpose alone.
Excellent post, Cheers!

Offline rem

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 04:33:31 AM »
I like also to shoot with the H6D and my iPadPro. I wish we could make a selection (stars) on the iPad!
Rem

Offline ChrisMaldonado

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 01:49:51 PM »
I always shoot tethered on location and would love to go for a iPad Pro to check alignment and light instead of cable and computer... but I guess battery life will be strongly reduced, am I right? What about X1D battery life with wifi on all the time? Any tests done? Thanks