WACOM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisL

I thought this was the best subsection to post:
I am looking at a Wacom tablet for Phocus and C1, I use both and would appreciate feedback on how large a tablet to go to, I currently favour the Intuos Pro Small as I'm not commercial and not using daily. I understand the tablet area/sensitivity can be expanded to work on finer detail, does this negate the need for a larger tablet?
Any pros/cons recommendations?

Hassilistic

I searched really hard to find it, and very much glad I did, completely satisfied.  I am talking about the Intous 4 XL, look quickly and you can pick one up at a bargain 1/3 of original price which was $900.  Do it quickly as someone else might read this and beat you to it ;)

Buddy

I have both the Pro Medium and small, both with wireless connection. The small one is obviously better for traveling, but the medium is slightly better for work. I used to have an earlier Intuos 4(?) large, but that was too large and not recommendable (too long arm travel). They all work fine for C1, Phocus and off course mostly with PS. Increase and decrease of the zoomed area (and much more functions) can be done easily with the left handed fingers while holding the pen on the right hand, similar like the gestures on an iPhone or iPad. It also has a turning ring hard button with additional four functions to be adjusted to ones liking; I use this one mainly for increasing and decreasing of the brush size. Plus additional 8 hard buttons. It can be individually customized for the various applications (C1, Phocus, PS, etc.) and recognize the application in use and its specific button customizations.

ChrisL

Thank you both appreciated, it seems WACOM list only medium and large now but the dimensions of the medium match those of the small being sold new at a discount, I will check the specs for changes.

Hassilistic

I find it better and a lot easier as I've used every Intous from 2/3/4XL/pro, to have to match it to the screen size (Workspace) I am using.  I only reach for the Pro when working on my 15.4# Macbook Pro.

I still have each Intous, still in working condition and each mounted to an Apple device or another dating back to 2007. ;)

Domip

... and don't forget the best friend of the Wacom: ShuttlePRO v2 !

Dustbak

I use my Wacom Intuos M 99.8% of the time (it doesn't really do keyboard well). I have found the M is the sweetspot for me. Large is too large, it gets uncomfortable working with.

There is one very large but.... Wacom is constantly screwing around with drivers. Currently the driver for High Sierra truly sucks. Some people have no issues but I do have issues. Pressure that is inconsistent. The result is that sometimes I can work like normal, sometimes I have to press harder, sometimes really hard. When drawing this is like having a brush that delivers ink inconsistent, sometimes nothing, sometimes normal, sometimes way too much.

There are times Wacom does have its act together. These are good times...

DJPixelMan

Intuos 5 Touch here (medium size). All good, although sometimes it can be a little difficult (and tedious) to "grab" the adjustment slides in Phocus and Lightroom, and sometimes I have to grab the slider a few times to make it slide. Windows 10, 24bg RAM,  Intel i7. Apart from that, no problems, and far easier than using a mouse!

ChrisL

Great feedback from all, many thanks.