XCD 30mm - Are the Corners Sharp?

Previous topic - Next topic

ferrantejohn

I went searching for this topic on the forum and couldn't find an answer.  Please forgive me if this has already been discussed, and I missed that thread somewhere. 

There has been some discussion about this on other forums, and I can't seem to get a final confirmation on how sharp the corners are on the XCD 30mm.

There have been two post made on other places of the internet showing photos that would lead one to believe that the corners go soft (especially the bottom right corner).  I am trying to figure out if those were localized issues, or if this is a common problem with the XCD 30mm.

Anyone own one of these lenses, and have any experience?   

Michael H. Cothran

I've owned one since they first began shipping. I don't see any problems at the edges. Or anywhere for that matter. I'm a happy camper with all three of my XCD lenses.

PS - Have you checked out the MTF charts for the 30mm? It's pretty amazing.

JoeC

I also own the XCD 30mm and it's amazing. Easily one of the best wide angle lenses I've ever used, including Leica M and S. No problems with the corners. I have posted some photos using the 30mm on my website here and here.

Joe

ferrantejohn

Quote from: JoeC on January 05, 2018, 03:38:53 AM
I also own the XCD 30mm and it's amazing. Easily one of the best wide angle lenses I've ever used, including Leica M and S. No problems with the corners. I have posted some photos using the 30mm on my website here and here.

Joe

Did you post those images in another forum as well? They look very familiar. 

ferrantejohn

Quote from: Michael H. Cothran on January 04, 2018, 01:02:05 PM
I've owned one since they first began shipping. I don't see any problems at the edges. Or anywhere for that matter. I'm a happy camper with all three of my XCD lenses.

PS - Have you checked out the MTF charts for the 30mm? It's pretty amazing.

I have seen the charts, but people were curious if there were inconsistencies from lens to lens from poor QC. 

JoeC

Quote from: ferrantejohn on January 05, 2018, 06:11:03 AM

Joe

I post images on GetDPI.com.

Joe

ferrantejohn

Quote from: JoeC on January 05, 2018, 06:29:00 AM
Quote from: ferrantejohn on January 05, 2018, 06:11:03 AM

Joe

I post images on GetDPI.com.

Joe

Thanks!