Problems with X1D and HC lenses under firmware 1.18

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

was shooting yesterday some landscapes with X1D / XH adapter and HCD 24mm f/4.8 (will post some images later), which is still under fw 1.18. Was basically ok, but all kind and weird problems happened by the time and couldn't understand what is going on, until I realized that these strange things happened only on this lens adapted under fw 1.18.To the contrary my 100mm under fw 1.19 just works fine with X1D.

Issues that I encountered were (besides no AF, but that is clear and requires fw 1.19):

-100% area enlargement on live view by double tapping with the finger somewhere on the live view screen starts always where the focus point is set and not there where one touch with the finger the screen (e.g. in the corners)
- after capturing an image most of the time live view comes back but screen remains totally dark and unusable (even when exposure preview is disabled). To fix this camera must be shut down and restarted again.
- aperture and shutter dial do not function anymore properly (strange behavior when dialing)

Conclusion: we need fw 1.19 for the other lenses as soon as possible. Today only the 28, 50 I and II, 80 and 100 (if those are already with fw 1.18) can be updated to fw 1.19 for autofocus and proper lens behavior with X1D via XH adapter. I thought it is only the AF enabling, but there seems to be more than that.

The only (minor) issue with the updated 100mm f/2.2 which I envisaged is that the preview image in live view or in the EVF does not go to 50 or 100% when turning the focus barrel on the lens and when Manual Focus is set to Auto Zoom 50 / 100% in the camera configuration. Focus peaking with any color selected is working though.

Luckily, my 24 is under fw 1.18, also the 120 and even the 35-90, but unfortunately not the 150N. I sold the 28 recently and swapped this for the 24 and gave away the 80 which are on the updatable list today...